Just started on fluoxetine and horrible side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

I suffer from really bad anxiety attacks and dizziness as a result of the anxiety I was previously on 50mg sertaline but still felt quite anxious and dizzy was put on 100mg sertaline but felt really bad and spaced out, dizzy and had a constant headache.  I started on 20mg fluoxetine on Thursday morning and I feel a bit spaced out, have a headache and feel quite dizzy.  Also my anxiety has increased where I get bouts of 'I can't cope what am I going to do?'  I have been out today and managed to control the anxiety but I still feel spaced out, a bit dizzy, have a constant headache and also have difficulty sleeping and when I wake up in the night feeling a bit panicky.  Is this normal and if so how long before I will feel better? Thank you xx

0 likes, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to add also feel a bit nauseous every so often as well 😒
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one I get them bad on hands and feet and I also get numbness and I think nearly all possible side effects and more...xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am feeling a bit relieved it is not just me too!  I seem to get the pins and needles more when I am in bed trying to get to sleep and since I started this medication I am having difficulty sleeping too.  How long have you been on the medication? Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Similar to me just done my 5th day doctor said there may be some side effects but did not say what they may be or how long they would last hopefully they will wear off when I have done one week as that is in 2 days ☺️ xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am not getting a prickly sensation but my hands are feeling a bit weird right now pins and needles like and my ears are ringing a bit.  Hope it goes away by the weekend as I am away in Scotland at a wedding reception on Saturday which also happens to be my birthday!  I had better lay of the alcohol not sure how that will react to this 😒 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was wondering if this was the best time to start a new drug with this weekend coming along but sertaline was not helping so I would probably have been panicky and especially dizzy anyway as that is my main symptom and worry so I may as well try something new xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hiya wel Im actually feeling really weak today and still have numbness..ive been to the gp today and he said keep taking them because on first few days your anxiety increases....glad your feeling better xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hopefully you will feel better soon have to admit I felt quite numb yesterday which is day 5 (your day) so maybe from tomorrow you will see improvements but awful having to feel like this before we see any improvements xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh really ..ok so yeah maybe although ive been feeling quiet numb gmfor avwhile but u know I did something so stupid I researched my symptoms on the google and a whole bunch of stuff came up and so I went into this one disease and it had all my symptoms of numbness all over and so now I convinced mtmyself I have that when actually doctor says I don't..so the numbness is so much more worse and even pins and needles was making me worried because that's one of the symptoms so yeah I'm kinda all over the place xx
      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up