just started orlistat yesterday need help and advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just started taking orlistat. Yesterday after being prescribed. Them by my doctor I wasn't really give any information on what I should eat etc. I am vegetarian so eat a lot of vegetables. I do eat a lot of cheese. Can anyone help what I should be eating thank you very

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi you will have to read the backs of the food packets no more than 5g of fat per 100g no more than 15g fat per meal. If you look around on the site i have posted tips also you won't be able to have any cheese as it's high in fat the only cheese you can have is cottage cheese, laughing cow lightest and quark x
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

I'm on my second week. I also think the cheese is a no no.

I find I get very constipated and bloated.

Good luck.

Jane

• Posted

Hi Michelle and Britney

I have found that vegetarian cheese is very good. I like the cheddar style cheese and the Italian one. It makes a filling cheese sandwich that has great mouth feel. Of course you can add lettuce and tomato.

Try it!

Beryl

• Posted

@beryl28215 Hi Beryl does it fit into the 5g rule? i have never found a decent cheese that is under 5g thanks x
  • Posted

Thank you everyone.I have lost 4 lbs already.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.