Just started taking Fluoxetine again...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I've just started taking Fluoxetine again and it's only been 3 days. I feel extremely anxious, fidgety and have a really dry mouth. Please tell me this is normal and will go away!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It has been about a week for me. I am not experiencing dry mouth but now that you mention it, I am jittery, I did not make the connection until now. Aside from that it seems to be working. I haven't noticed any other side effects.

• Posted

hi laura, i have been on setraline for many years and for me i felt worse before i felt better. there are lots of side effects as with all new meds youve just gott to read them and thats enough to pit you off. you have been given these as im guessing you do need help so bear with it. i think it took me at least 4 weeks to get the pills into my system and then i started to feel half human again!! I wish you all the very best x

• Posted

but why do you have to rake this and do you have to take me and can you say no?

• Posted

hi,

i started taking this for so many reason one being splitting up with my husband. i was at my lowest point in my life so i went to my docs and we went through options and i decided to try this and it helped me. other people i know well my twin sister tried them and came off them within the month. even though you get prescribe something like depression you do not have to take them. it is always your choice best wishes

• Posted

i can why you felt you had to take them now. poor you, i'm sorry you had to split with your husband. (or maybe not?) i have always vowed never to take antidepressants again, my experience was so bad. i wish you luck. i do everything else i can to avoid them, i too have depression through ill health mostly. we have to each do everything the way we see fit for us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.