Just Started today!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just been to GP and been prescribed Orlistat. Very scared, I have tried everything else and just frightened it wont work. I so want to lose weight for myself and my girls. Does it really work?

:?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

[quote:8ae12d9de2=\"KES \"]Just been to GP and been prescribed Orlistat. Very scared, I have tried everything else and just frightened it wont work. I so want to lose weight for myself and my girls. Does it really work?

:?[/quote:8ae12d9de2]

Hi i was like you last week .it took me 2 weeks to pick up the tablets from the doctors as i wasnt sure if i wanted to take tham after hearing so many horror stories .so 6 days in and feeling so good because i have lost 4lb and had no side affects as yet .so as it stands it works and i didnt do much exercise only a quick walk to the bus stop.it helped reading all the stories everyone posted on this web site

give it a go

goodluck :D

• Posted

don't be scared, the problem is that orlistat has generated many horror stories which u hear about but what u dont hear is that these horror stories come from people abusing the medication, not obeying the guidelines (no more than 30g fat a day with no more than 15g in any one meal) also if you increase your exercise u should see effects quicker. measure yourself so that you can see the inch loss along with the lbs lost

good luck smile

• Posted

as Sparkles says if you keep within the limits you should be fine.

any queries just come on here and someone will come along and offer some advice

good luck and welcome to the gang :D

• Posted

Hi, ive been on the tablets now for 4 weeks and lost 13LBS i was worried about taking them but im ok ive had no side effects as ive listened to advice from the ladies on here there spot on!!!! :D
  • Posted

Hi Kes,

Don't be afraid to gice them a try. As everyone says, as long as you don't go over the recommended fat levels, you won't suffer any side effects.

I have been on the blues for almost 5 months now and am 1 pound away from a three stone weight loss! I can honestly say I have only had one slight oily experience when I had full fat milk instead of skimmed or semi skimmed. It was nothing major, just a bit of oil when I went to the loo!

If I can get this far, anyone can so you can too.

Lots of luck

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.