just starting and worried!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone my doctor prescribed orlistat for me today and i plan to start taking them tomorrow but i am a bit worried about the side effects has anyone suffered from the side effects or are they worst case scenario thanks :?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

eat no more than 30g fat a day with a max of 15g in any one meal and you shouldnt see the side effects other than increased wind, increase your exercise where possible be it walking more, gym, wiifit etc and take down your measurements so you can see inch loss as well as lbs lost smile

good luck, check out the forum theres so much advice on here and lots of experiences!

• Posted

as Sparkles said as long as you keep within the limits then you shouldn't get any bad side affects.

make sure you read the leaflet in the packet, the fat intake is based on total fat and not just saturated fat and if your are confused pop back on here and I'm sure someone would come along fairly quickly to help out

• Posted

Hi, this is my 7th week on Orlistat and I have not had any 'side effects' at all. As everyone will tell you, as long as you stay within the rule of no more than 30g of fat a day and no more than 15g in any one meal I'm sure you'll be fine.

Keep checking out this forum, I've found it really helpful

Good luck!

• Posted

thanks very much everyone started today and feel really optamistic started going to the gym on monday and gonna try go three times a week

thanks again :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.