Just switched from escitalopram to citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all 

Just looking good some reassurance 

To cut  along story short citalopram worked good for years then about 4 years ago it stoped working since then I’ve tried loads of ad,s with out success been on escitalopram for just under 2 year only had a few good weeks in all that time spoke to p doc and he said try citalopram  again so here I I’m gone from 20mg of escitalopram to 40mg of citalopram today 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽😀😀😀

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

When you say you have only had a few good weeks  how did you feel when you were bad or not feeling great what were your symptoms?
    • Posted

Constant paranoid mood swings anger lots of it only had odd good day 
  • Posted

How's the switch gone so far, Don?

?Day 3 for me after switching from Cit to Escit, and so far minimal side effects, even with switching to a much lower dose than what I was on. My insomnia has gotten a bit worse, but I think that could be due to all the anxiety I've had about switching.

• Posted

Hi kelly 

Day 2 Feel anxious and no  mortivation I think the same worries about switching and all that comes with it 😬

Keep in touch 🙏🏽

• Posted

Kelly hope you well 

Day 3 

Not a good sleep last night woke up feeling anxious and dull went to work but come home early don’t feel to bad now I’m sat on settee waiting for doc to ring see if there’s anything I can take to help me with change over 🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Posted

I'm doing okay. Yesterday, I had an increase in anxiety in the afternoon, but it went away in the evening, and I even got my appetite back :-). I slept much better last night; I only had to take one of my sleeping pills, and I'm not sure if I even needed it. Tonight I'm going to put off taking one until much later. Anxiety increasing this morning, and I have a spaced out feeling, especially if I turn my head too fast.

?Hopefully the doctor gave you something to help with the switch over :-).

• Posted

Hi 

Docs just given me some diazepam let’s hope they help 🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Posted

Hi 

Not took any yet been keeping myself busy so not been to bad how you doing ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.