Just switched yesterday from 40mg of fluextine to 20mg of citiropram????

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I'm worried this different drug may make me feel worse ??? (If this is possible) 😞

Has anyone any positive experiences with this ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I switched from fluoxitine to citlaopram after being unable to tolerate the side effects, the change was easy enough and it did help, for a while anyway
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply . I was on fluoxtine for 2 years but stopped working for me so Dr changed me to this as my mood is so low .

X

• Posted

I just got off the Celexa after year's being on it. At the end,60mg. I was having Interactions with Tegretol xr, a seizure med with it. So far, much better. 20 mg fluoxetine currently with the Tegretol xr and clonazapam 1mg for sleep. I a weird case having a Traumatic Brain injury on top of everything so not a great advocate or comparison. Celexa was hell with the Tegretol xr. I think fine otherwise.
    • Posted

Hi OreElect

Sounds like you have had a lot to deal with . Glad to hear you medication is sorted now.

Second day for me off Floxitene and on citialipram .... Just hoping I don't get any lower in mood .

• Posted

Definitely a difficult thing to deal with, anxiety-panic as you already know. The waiting to see if it work's and just trying to enjoy life and find joy. I will add for anyone else to, my pharmacist was a huge help vs my psychiatrist and neurologist with knowledge on meds and also Interactions which in my case was an issue. From now on, I will include some pharmacist time for information and study up on Interactions with anything else I take. Prayers for you and this journey to find a joyful good normal without trouble's.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up