Just upped my Sertraline from 100 mg to 150 mg and I feel horrible!

Posted , 5 users are following.

At first back in August I started with Anxiety from worrying myself to death over something stupid, that turned out to be ok. Started on Propranolol 3X per day...worked wonders, added Sertraline 50 mg...felt great for about 6-8 weeks. Started feeling weird one day and stomach felt weird...icky. Doc upped me to 100 mg...started feeling ok after a few days. Felt good for about 5-6 weeks. This past Monday...here we go again...that afternoon I started with the stomach...almost like when you get a nervous stomach and you really don't feel like doing anything. Talked to Psychiatrist yesterday and he finally told me to up to 150 mg. Next appt is in 3 weeks. I woke up this morning and I felt horrible...just like the beginning. Hard to be positive. At least this past week, wake up feeling crappy, get to moving, after a few hours..I could talk on phone, laugh and eat...sleeping still sucked...Now, I'm not sure if this crappy feeling is from the 150 or just feeling worse? I don't know what to do. BP goes up, then I worry bout that...then chill, and I get it back down. I just feel like crap and don't know if I should just take 100 mg until my next appt. Doc originally wanted that...but I kept asking should i increase? anyway...here i am!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Meds are so tricky and it's so difficult to tell if the problem is caused by the meds or by one's own body and mind. If you trust your psychiatrist then I would let him worry about solving these problems but if you don't trust him and sense that he is not doing right by you then I would change psychiatrists if that's possible.

I wish there were easier answers for this sort of thing. Maybe another participant here will have some better ideas of how you should proceed.

• Posted

Hi,

I suffered with anxiety and depression and took sertraline for several months but although it helped my depression it did nothing for my anxiety. My gp then changed my prescription to fluoxetine and I. felt better for it. Perhaps have a chat with your gp and see what they suggest.

Mike.

• Posted

go see your doctor, you shouldn't feel so bad. not every drug suits everyone. maybe try something else?

• Posted

Hi I can only give you my experience. I started off on 100 mg of sertraline which made me feel awful. The doctor upped it to 150 and the change was miraculous and I felt so much better. You will never know if you don't try. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.