just want a bit of advice pls

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey all. i dont know if im silly or over reacting and hope sumone takes the time to read this.. im 21.. i have 2 little boys 3 and 2 reason im writing this as they r my main priority.. wen i was 14 i was raped.. wen i was 13 i was attacked by 3 men.. nothing major just stolen fones and purses and a few bruises.. at tht time i had just met my kid daddy and didnt feel the need for counsilling as he was their. im with someone new now and honestly culdnt be happier as the kids father wasnt so pleasant. anyway maybe about a yr now i have got up in the mornings with my kids and had very happy days and been in a good mood etc.. 7pm they goto bed and im home alone i panic alot hear noises and people walking about my house which has me scared terrified and shaking like a leaf.. i search all the rooms knowing in my head theres no one here but still believe its something.. im so paranoid i think theres someone watching my house or looking at me threw my window then a sometimes see a face but its not really there so then a get so scared  start crying and get so shaky and nerves that something bad is going to happen. my fella would stay with me 2 nites a week and ive had him sometimes run around looking in all the rooms for me and sometimes ive jumped out of my sleep for no reason and im that scared then cant sleep. ive woke my fella a few times from jumping so bad.. i wont walk to the shop by myself so if the kids r away to their daddys i will stay in the house unless im with someone. nobody knows about any of this and i put on brave faces... i just want to know if i should see my doctor or am i just being stupid! thank u. i dont even know if this is the right place to be asking for advice but worth a try

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi there anything that affects you in this way is not something you should ignore as it will get much worse, best thing is to make an appointment with your doctor and tell him how you feel, it may be that the things that happened to you in the past have suddenly come back into your mind causing you to be afraid now sometimes you think you have forgotten all about it but something triggers your brain off and it becomes real again, you need to get some help because you have small children and you need to be well enough to care for them, don't put a brave face on get some help in dealing with this problem it won't go away without some support and maybe some counselling.

    please take care


    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      thanku so much sue. i just thought i was overacting. also a reason i was also scared of doctors was incase he told me i had something and my ex (babies father) found out and tried having my kids taken off me.. do u no if this wuld b possible in anyway for him to do? this is y ive left it so long and seen an advert for this forum bcus my boys mean the world to me and whilst there awake i dnt be nothing but happy and bubbly ....   thanks again sue xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi, it's so understandable how you are feeling with what has happened to you. Please consider searching with your post code for your nearest rape crisis centre, they will be able to provide you with help and counselling (they deal with many historic cases) and also visit your gp to discuss how you are feeling to see if there is any other help and support that can be offered to you at this time. You are not alone in this, many women are victims of domestic violence and/or abuse and sometimes the symptoms of the stress and depression or/and anxiety this can cause doesn't surface immediately. There are many professionals out there who will understand this and will be able to help and support you. You've been through so much and are now coping with 2 little ones as well, you are amazing but just need a little help right now, Good luck and very best wishes xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted


    I agree with everybody else. You really do need help with this and the sooner you get help,the better.

    Your doctor is not allowed to discuss any matters concerning you with anybody but you without your permission.

    I do feel that you are suffering anxiety which people often feel paranoia with. 

    You don't have to take medications Hun if you don't want to but I do believe you would benefit hugely from some sort of talking therapy.

    If this has recently started happening...Is it possible you can pinpoint when you started to worry and check the home? Maybe something happened in your area that triggered it,or something you watched on TV? Or maybe you was just thinking about what happened to you and it caused you panic??

    Please don't suffer this alone. There is so much help out there if you just ask for it. 

    We are here also if you ever need to talk.

    You are not being silly or irrational. These things are very scary and real to you and I think need to be looked at seriously.


    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up