just want to talk to someone.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Not written anything for a long time, but I just feel the need to talk to someone. I have been quite stable for a couple of months now but today I feel really low struggling not to cry. I am thinking I am back on that downward spiral again. Even thinking of phoning mental health team, but there is nothing they can do because I am on the list for CBT

I have been waiting for a second course of CBT for nearly 4 months since I was actually put on the list the referral was 6 months ago. I have been using the skills I obtained from the first time I had CBT quite successfully to keep me going, but at the moment I feel no one really cares..

About 3 weeks ago I found I was very anaemic and had to be admitted for a blood transfusion. This has helped with a lot of physical symptoms which I had put down to depression and being very unfit. I now have to have at least 2 investigations which I have had in the past and one of the test is not very pleasent at all. I am going into hospital for that on Monday. The other test will be done the following week.

I have a long history of depression and i have been on Venlafaxine 150 mgs since Nov last year.

some reassurance this is normal would great fully be received.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're finding it hard right now. Sometimes we just need to let ourselves cry it out. It doesn't mean you're heading down that spiral again it's just a bad day, or few days, and that's perfectly okay. The fact that you have been using your CBT skills so effectively is a really good sign of how far you've already come. Hopefully you get another session of CBT soon, but keep it up, you're doing great

• Posted

Hi

i think perhaps it is just a blip not a downward spiral.  Are you anxious about you upcoming tests?

lynda

• Posted

Not really I know what is going to happen as I have had the same test 7 years ago although one test is not at all pleasent so I am going to ask for sedation., plus I was a nurse  upto 2012. 
  • Posted

Hi, sorry to hear that you are struggling again, i know how tough it is, especially if your having health problems a well. At least by having the tests you will know what is wrong and you can then hopefully get it sorted. Dont be afraid to cry, it is a release, i really hope you feel better and remember, you are not alone, i may be a stranger to you but i still share your pain and frustrations, keep going
  • Posted

Hi

I've done CBT and you're feeling considerably low due to physical problems also. Please relax and practice your CBT. You're not alone and keep your chin up.

I will be thinking of you please let me know how you get on.

Take care Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.