just wanted to say hi as this is new to me

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi im new to this ive been depressed for a few years and last year i seeked help as i could not cope anymore i was self harming everother day and i was very low i went to doctors and the doctor put me on mirtazapine 30mg during the day and 15 at night ive been on this for a year i went in and seen the docotor a week ago and he took me off my mirtrazapine 30mg and yestarday he put me on sertraline 50mg as ive started sel;f harming and felling very anxius and depressed i feel like im geting worse and not any better today is my first day on sertraline 50mg and im felling sick and a bit shakey and tierd i just wanted to say hi as i dont realy no what to say as this is new to me 

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Sharon, 

Welcome to this forum smile It's a really good place to vent/share/seek advice from, everyone here is really lovely and supportive so, if you ever need any help don't hesitate to post!

I'm sorry to hear about your current struggles, I too am a self harmer so I know how difficult it can be. I'm on Sertraline as well (100mg) but luckily I have had no side effects on it. I hope you settle with the Sertraline soon, I've heard people can feel a bit off for the first week or so but it should soon calm down. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi and welcome! I find these forums helpful and when you reply to some you feel like your helping them it makes you feel good!

I am not a self harmer but I'm sure it's an awful situation and I hope you get out of it I'm sure you will! I was put on sertraline 50mg I took it for 2 days but my panic attacks was awful and I felt I couldn't cope with that until I got use to it!! However there are so many great reviews about it! If the side effects aren't to bad I would stick at it you'll feel better in a couple of weeks! And just so you know talking on here can really help and if you ever wanna have a chat feel free to message smile xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I'm rather new too haven't been on here long but I find it helps to talk to people with the same type of problems. I'm notaking a self harmer but I do suffer servere health anxiety. I get all sorts of symptoms and feel alone and hopeless most days. Just know u are not alone.

I'm taking sertraline 100mg but started at 50mg which the doctors tend to put u on the lower dose too start. As u can get aide affects. Ur symptoms are common for both side affects of sertraline and anxiety which is one big horrid cycle. They normally will subside within a few weeks and they are normally very well tolerated. I would think ur doctor will.up ur dose in time

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

thank for the info I do hope it helps as I was on some other tablet about 3 weeks ago and had to come off it as it made me faint and fell dizy and I was really unwell and  got very stressed and anxious I haven't been out for about 3weeks I've lost interest in all outside life I'm not eating much ether I just fell so rubbish the now 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sharon I'm on sertraline uv suffered with depression and anxiety for over 20 years,I'm now 36 and still have a lot of off days but I do get some good days,I started on 50 mg then so on and so on till I'm now at 175mg

The beginning was hard as all new meds can heighten symptoms it may take up to 6 weeks to fully feel the benefit

Just take each day at a time don't worry bout tommorrow try keep your mind focused on just a day by day and you'll come out the other side smiling

We're all here to help each other if we can xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up