Just when you think it's ok..

Posted , 15 users are following.

Out of the blue i get panic attacks in situations where i would normally be ok! I also feel lightheaded when im out and about. Has this happened to anyone else where you feel you are coping and this awful anxiety and fear sweeps over you? I dont think my broken sleep helps plus having a phobia of open spaces dont help either but that is another story i have always had that. Are there anymore agrophobics out there? I do go out but hate open areas x

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Its funny you would talk about panic attacks because that was the first sign that I was possibly starting peri. I was constantly having panic attacks especially when I was driving. Here are some of the things that that I have tried I have significantly reduced my coffee, I might have 2 sips or so but thats it and rarely do I have any coffee. I drink many herb teas and they seem to help, however, I still have panic attacks when I drive on narrow roads or when I am going to the doctor. 
    • Posted

Dear lennie

Thank you for your reply, yes i had one while driving once and i have a friend who doesn't drive who will panic if she is in one of those cars that automatically locks! I think it is the feeling you cant escape! It is abit like paying at the till you know for that moment you cant just walk out of the shop and that can cause panic feelings too. I normally like my machine coffee but have eased back on that because it is quite strong! When i had gastitis i stopped caffeine and alcohol and did feel much calmer x

• Posted

Me too I don't know if im depressed bipolar or menopausal or all of them!!!!
    • Posted

Aww i feel for you, it really helps being on this forum for support xx
    • Posted

I hear that one. Ive been peri for eight years. No period for three months. Just decreased my AD from 15mg to 7.5mg. Its been six weeks and I feel awful. Trying to ride it out hoping it's withdrawal and not me.

This roller coaster is beating me right now. Im hoping im coming to the end but I do know I could get a period any time. Anyone here manage to wean off antidepressants?

Im on mirtazapine as im seriously wondering if im doing the right thing.

Bless all u lovely ladies x

• Posted

Yes i was put on  Sertraline for meno depression, and  aches and pains, helped with my migraines,   feel i dont need it now for the depression, being post, so, i decided to come off it myself, drs prefer you to go to them so you get it right to avoid withdrawal, but you can google it, which is what i did.

My sertrailine was only 50mg, so what you do, whatever your dosage is, you half it for one day, the next day you take your normal full  dose whole pill, next day you have the half dose again, next day full dose,and you repeat this process for 5 weeks, then, you drop the full dosage down by half, and the one thats already halved you cut down again if you can, depends on the size of the pill,  sertraline is only small, so could only halve it the once, crushed when tried to make it smaller, but if you can, halve it again, you do this for a further 3 weeks, then stop the first pill you cut down by half, and try and cut the half pill left, down to half again, take that for a couple weeks, then stop it altogether, because you find that the much now smaller pill, wont be doing anything anyway, takes about 8/10 weeks to ween off totally, shouldnt really have any withdrawal then,but it does depend on dosage, some people take Benadryl Cough Mixture to help them through withdrawal if it happens, they say its very good for that, but if your on other meds, be careful incase the cough mixture reacts with your other meds, and, make sure if you have other health probs, you can take the Benadryl.  If your concerned about it, gp will take you through how to do it instead.

Ive done it because im post,didnt notice any withdrawal, but i was only on low dose, and that can make a difference,  if  another concern is, what if the depression comes back, then say to your gp, can you go back on them if that does happen, see what she says......................its your decision.............good luck!.

• Posted

Posted in the wrong place 😕
  • Posted

My anxiety is through the roof.  I am seeing a counselor tomorrow thats how bad it is.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.