Just when you think things are good.....

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's been months since I've had an anxiety attack. The last 3-4 days haven't been great. I think my BP is slightly elevated. It's normal most times I check it. Only a couple times it read high, by high I mean 146/90 and 151/90. My normal is 117-122 over 77-80. So while those high readings aren't crazy high they are high for me and I've had some lightheadedness. Well that being said, it's put me in to anxiety attacks. So makes me more dizzy. Clammy. Uncontrollabld Trembles. Rapid heartbeat. The doom feeling. Jaw clenching. I've been going on way less sleep than normal. Eating poorly. So I know that is probably contributing too. I look to these boards to reassure myself that it is anxiety and not something worse. It usually helps to read others posts and to leave feedback but that isn't even helping right now. Ugh. I hate this.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Things will get better. I too am struggling with this. I try to occupy myself I Also Take supplements that are natural that help. If your into a natural approach let me know and Ill tell you supplements that can really help if not Maybe a Benzo at a low dose can helo you.
    • Posted

I'd be open to a natural approach. Thank you.

• Posted

Hi You ned to check this out with your dr. It could be anxiety related but your dr will probably monitor your blood pressure.

​Sometimes it can rise for no apparent reason.

• Posted

I'm going in for my regular check up next week. I will definitely mention it and keep monitoring it until then.

• Posted

Go to ur doctor to have ur BP checked if it's fine then it's just anxiety I know what ur going through most days I feel like I can't breath when I get up to do stuff I get short of breath I have it all day long it eventually eases up then tries to send me into a panic it goes back and fourth at night it's more calm see I got like this 9 years ago I was diagnosed with tachycardia and heart palpitations and now my heart is palpitating again raised my heart med just brought it down some not enough for the palpitations or anxiety to go away if u need to talk I'm here

• Posted

I'm sorry you're going through all that. It's uncomfortable and scary. I am seeing my Dr next week for my normal labs and check up. I have to go every 6 months due to my sugar being too high. Yaay, one more thing to make me feel like crap. Lol. Oh well. We press on I guess.

• Posted

What are all your symptoms my worst one I have everyday is feeling like I can't breath it eases up sometimes my heart doctor told me to raise my metoprolol again but I think I'm gonna give this dose a little longer than the week I been taking it he said if the raise don't work got to live with it palpations I think that's what's causing my anxiety it did last time this time it started in my stomach I have heard but I think it's the vagus nerve when I was getting symptoms I had a little anxiety but went right away no breathing problems no palpations then got short of breath woke up with palpations and full anxiety my heart doctor said he would send me to a doctor that deals with the rhythm of the heart don't know why he said it didn't change gonna have me GP test my vagus nerve the neurologist here u wait 2 hours just to see her but yeah anxiety not good today started my period makes it worse I just know I can't live like this forever don't like anxiety meds did some before did work made me worse

• Posted

I have definitely related my stomach and eating to my anxiety levels. Also, during pms my anxiety spikes. I hope you are able to get some answers and begin to recover. My worst is dizziness, breathing, heart rate and palps. Then I get clammy hands and feet, when I get super worked up I tremble uncontrollably. It's awful. I'm not taking anything daily right now. Only ativan as needed. I use it very little due to worry of addiction.

• Posted

I have all the same symptoms does the Ativan work for you
    • Posted

It works great. It takes about 20 minutes to kick in though. But once it does kick in it's glorious relief.

• Posted

Well everything in human body is connected to sleep. If you get enough sleep, bowels are cleared, no constipation, no light-headedness, no anxieties and thus resulting in minimum stress n depression which are the sole triggers. In the case of BP, have u been adviced by your physician or consultant to check pressures every now & then. The subconscious mind reacts to anxieties very fast. U become restless, start yawning, get bored and even tempers flares in some cases. As regards to trembles, it happens when anxiety meds powers get decreased and you feel your whole body in shivers like in winters or when over tensed. Eating poorly is mainly due to proper lack of sleep and or keeping the mind busy in futile areas like social media, hanging around with others just in case you think your presence is required.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.