Just wondering

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I don't know what's wrong with me. I have always felt kind of distant, but recently the feelings have only become more intense. I just feel empty. Like I still laugh while watching youtube and stuff but like I don't feel anything on a regular basis. I took the depression test on this website and it said I was suffering from "Severe" depression but I don't know if that's true.

I have always felt kind of alone: I have trust issues and I get paranoid about stupid things, and I have always felt like I have no real friends. I don't think I do.

I don't like live in poverty or anything and although I've been bullied it hasn't been that bad really. I don't know why I would be depressed.

If anybody has any idea what's wrong with me I would appreciate feedback.

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dylan, we are all not experts on here, it sounds like you need a diagnosis maybe but a doctor would help you more. Good luck.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

yeah i get like that from time to time. I think its natural, have a look on the NHS site and speak with your Dr though if its becoming to much. Have a look at volunteering, i'm trying to find something at the minute.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Not everybody is social. Some of us are lone wolf persons by nature. I read somewhere that if you can make one good friend in a lifetime that you are doing good. Often time friends like everything else move on or change. Adaption is the rule of existence. I just helped myself by saying this. At age 74 it seems that all prior friend have moved, passed on or found others to share words and ideas with. So is life. I had to stop driving and it is hard, I don't watch TV. Neighbors have there own needs and I don't fit in. They even took away the park bench that I sat on with my dogs. What has our culture become? Where are we headed when people become slaves of the wealthier and those in power who lack empathy.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Dylan - it sounds like disassociation. Sort of numb. Tired of others. No real sunshine in life so numbing oneself to it. Have you consulted a doc at all?

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up