Keep getting migraines

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please I really need help . Ever since my last period I have had health issues . I had my normal chronic migraine a few days before I came on , but then it came back during my period . I just finished bleeding and I got a fluey cold which has made me feel rough . I’ve had that a week . Thought I was feeling better , but migraines come back , feeling sick , hot then cold , shaky and anxious , worried as I’ve been ill for over two weeks now . Is there something seriously wrong or are my current feelings to do with this bug . Fed up with feeling so ill 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could your symptoms be exacerbated by allergies? Are you in a high pollen area? Could make cold symptoms or headaches worse. Sounds like a virus or allergies though. 
  • Posted

I believe that's why my friend went on the bio-creams.  She said the migraines were so bad that life just wasn't worth living.  She still gets them but not as intense or as often.

• Posted

Dear Jane

I never suffered migraines ever until I reached 51 and I had a bout of silent migraines, they stopped only to re appear last year and I have them monthly, I sometimes get a mild head pain but mainly the aura. Menopause certainly can bring migraines on even for people who never suffered with them before. I have been offered beta blockers but at the moment im not taking anything. I had the fluey feeling in peri but it was more like bouts of it coming and going plus chills but they happened seperate to the other symptoms

• Posted

Hi Jane.. Is your periods becoming irregular? If they are you could be in peri menapause.. I started with awful headaches that frightened me as I never suffered from the like.. It turns out that they are migraines but the did ease... However still get them but not as much and I just let them pass...I Take paracetamol and ibuprofen when it come in... I too feel cold when I get them at times.CK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.