keep thinking heart going to stop.due to anxiety causing flutters and skipped beats and chest pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

All started a few weeks ago with a pain in my left breast .pain ive had on and off over the years. since then ive got worse never been like this before .i had a shootin pain up my back and it changed from breast cancer to cervical cancer .obsessed an worried sick those thoughts died off abit and now im thinkin i have heart problems as i get all symptoms flutters chest pain skipped beats weezing panic attacts .fidgeting cant relax. Back ache you name it all anxiety symptoms you can get .pain prolly due to anxiety but its hard to except an get it off your mind. Got some pills today called propacolol or summet hope they help .can anyone relate

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Anyone of us who is going through anxiety will relate to all of this!!!!  I hope your pills help you a bit.
  • Posted

Hi. I know exactly how you feel. Mine started in January with a feeling of doom it felt like I was going to drop down dead and I still am.having that same feeling. Shortness of breath central chest pain left arm pain and I'm convinced it's heart related and believe me I have done so much research that even a healthy 30 year old female can and do have heart attacks ect. I've seen 3 different doctors and nine of them believe it's heart all say health anxiety. Been to A&E about 5 times had a chest xray blood work andone ecg all are normal but I still think they are missing something. This is so rubbish not feeling like my normal.self I almost look at other people all happy and I'm envious. I'm on sertraline 100mg per day but nothing seems to change at all. I've tried cbt and that did nothing for me. I do breathing techniques but they again don't always work
    • Posted

Hi Charlotte, you describe me to a T. I've been to ER 30 times (literally) only to be told it's anxiety. I just don't feel right and want to be back to my old self! I too look at people who are happy and am envious. I just want to be that person again......sad
  • Posted

Same exact thing I'm going through...on and off for 4 years!!!I completely understand u,I'm scared to go to sleep cause I feel like im not gonna wake up...I'm scared too..I had several trips to the er and they've done lots of tests and tell me im fine!!!chest pain/arm pain...it's scary...I can't relax either,it's so uncomfortable...u can't not think about it cause it's just there!!!!I'm 4 weeks back on my med...it's not working as fast as I need it to!!!I'm addicted to googling symptoms and checking my heartrate constantly...I'm scared cause my resting heartrate goes into the high 40's at times and into the 50's...all the doctors say it's ok when u r relaxed or asleep,but with anxiety even if a doctor assures u are healthy u still stay worried....I PRAY THAT WE ALL FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!!HOPE U FEEL BETTER!!!!
  • Posted

I have same problem, i have all symptom of a heart problem,left hand,fast beating,chest pain,back pain,and yea its like u think you will a heart attack now
  • Posted

Thanks for replys its really good in a way that its not jus me not that i wud wish this on anyone. Ive got stingin eyes now somthimg else!!! Thinkin its the pills doctorvgave me ive thrown up.niggtmare
  • Posted

Took 3yrs just to diagnose mine they put me through chest xrays ct scans more scans blood tests cameras down my throat allsorts till it was eventually diagnosed I've had it for about 11yrs now and I still get the chest pains and down the left arm but I've learned to kinda ignore it now I stopped taking meds years ago because they did nothing for me I've found distractions work for me I take my headphones everywhere as my music seems to be the best distraction

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.