Keeps getting worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is my first time on a forum and I guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance in regards to how I'm feeling.About a year ago I had my first panic attack while driving kept thinking I couldn't swallow fast heartbeat dizzy since then my life has turned upside down like I can't believe.As a mum of 5 kids and my husband is working in another state 90 percent of the year I'm beginning to find it too much.The summer was the hardest the attacks were so bad my parents flew out from England to stay with me and saw how bad I was.They left a month ago and bam as I sit here now I'm jittery and panicky for no reason I want to cry.I was pleading with my Hubbie to come home tonight so I can go to the Er and find out i must have a brain tumor I feel so bad.The last week I've been in a fog can't focus neck is stiff numb on my face keep getting woken up in a panic legs arms numb can't swallow the list goes on.Im super scared I'm dying and my kids have now picked up on what is going on and it's scaring them.I have been to the doctor and he keeps telling me it's anxiety my dear but how the heck can it be I feel so unnormal even going into a store I space out and want to escape and driving pushes me over the edge I don't know why I panic every time it takes me 30 minutes to get my first one to school 5 minutes up the road as I keep having to pull over.I have every illness possible I swear but I would like to know how others feel and what they do to overcome it I'm pulling my hair out.I don't wish to be on pills as I have kids to take care of and don't like feeling any worse than this.Any help would be much appreciated.Jody

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jodie the pills do help they don't turn you into zombie or anything like that if u keep thinking you are going to die if that is what you are doing I know it's hard to do but try mindfulness on YouTube help you relax don't let it beat you we are like cars.when cars come off the production line they are the same everything working and give it a few years different things starts to go wrong and that is the same as us honest you will beat it at some point this site has help me a lot as of different people opinions as we are all going though the same thing stay strong

• Posted

You have a panic disorder. Until it is managed it does really suck. Having five kids and a husband who works out of state and parents who live elsewhere it seems theres a lot on you. Although you are against medication, for now it might be your best option. Maybe you can work something out with your parents to return for a good six weeks whilst you adjust to any medication perscribed to you once you deciede to use them. People use meds and many wean off them just fine as well. You have to function. The fear of meds is illogical when you cant function and little or noone to fall back on. Then once adjusted to the meds, and hopefully they work you can seek therapy and learn whats happening and how to handle it.   
    • Posted

I agree with this.  If someone has genetically high blood pressure, or high cholestoral they would take a pill for that.  If someone has seizures, they would take a pill.  If someone has migraines, they would take a pill.  The stigma of taking medication for mental illness is ridiculous.  If you had a visible physical issue, and the doctor prescribed meds, you would probably go along with it.  This is no different.  You may never get better without the medication you need.
  • Posted

If you are not trying to increase your family more over the mid/short term, medications and a course of CBT may help you.

You can try Breathing Exersises and or Relaxation Techniques that may help you relax. The Technique used in the UK at this time is Mindfulness, there are books that can be purchased on Amazon. The breathing exersises  are explained on various sites and are similar to those used when giving birth

Sad to say I do not really understand the American system, so you take advice from your Family Doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.