kill myself

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i am 24 and have been depressed for nearly a year now and im on my 5th anti depressant why wont anything work for me? i think about killing myself every day but know i could not go through with it. i am currently facing having to go bankrupt as my partner is leaving me. He says that i have issues but i think he really needs to take a good look at himself as his anger is really bad and has a flash point of nil!!!! i dont know what to do i cant see a way out and have no support!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy

What AD's are you taking at the moment?

Melbi x

• Posted

im taking duloxetine and zopiclone to sleep

x

• Posted

Hi Lucy

Whatever you do, just stay with us - ok? There are so many who know exactly what you are going through, and I know they will help you through it.

Katie x

• Posted

thank you katie but i feel so alone have no support and dont know what to do. i feel like i need to be taken away from all of this x
  • Posted

Hi again Lucy

I was tryimg to find a form on here where other people are on the same drug as yourself as sometimes it can help to be amongst those people. Sadly, I can't find one, I'll ask if it can be added though.

Just stay here posting - I know it isn't like being face to face and having the ability to hold a hand or give a hug - but we are all here for you sweetheart.

It also helps (it helped me) to be able to download all my feelings, dark moments etc on here, knowing other people were/are experiencing the same feelings. Give it a go and you never know - within a couple of weeks of poting here, you might start to feel a little better.

Post away Lucy - I know I soent many an hor rambling away on the citalopram forum and the love and support from the other posters most definitely helped me - let's hope it will help you too.

Take care

Love 'n' Hugs

Melbi xxx

• Posted

thank you! i am just so so stuck and scared x x
  • Posted

Lucy, you are not alone any more - you are now part of this forum with others who understand just how you feel. Do try what Melbi suggests and post your feelings - you can say whatever you want here - we all rant and rave and more often than not, feel a good deal better afterwards.

Katie xx :hug:

• Posted

Hi Lucy

Unfortunately, we don't have a Drug Information Leaflet currently on your medication but we have asked our Drugs team to write one.

As the folk here say, please stay around and talk to everyone - there are a lot of people in these forums that have been helped by talking to others with depression. It can be a confusing illness - I know as I also have it.

Regards

Lin

Lead Moderator

Patient Experience Forums

• Posted

Hi Lucy,

You are not on your own any more, the people on this forum will do their best to help you. Have you tried talking to The Samaritans? - sometimes it can help just talking to someone who doesn't know you and who will not judge you in any way. (By the way they are not connected to any religion they are just ordinary people who will listen).

Kind Regards,

Jezz.

• Posted

Hi Lucy

How has your day been today?

'm also taking zopiclone for sleep but therapist has asked me today to try setting myself the challenge of staying awake all night :shock: He thinks it might help break the cycle of going to bed and thinking 'oh no, another long night with no sleep ahead of me'.

Okay, I'm going to give this a go but not tonight :oops: Tomorrow night though I will set myself the challenge of attempting to stay awake all night and busy myself with things to do.

How long have you had your sleep problem for?

Love 'n' hugs

Melbi xxx

• Posted

Hi there Melbi

Good luck with your 'staying awake night' - sounds a bit extreme to me!!

I think I will just keep taking the tablets!! (my last GP maintained that some folk just do need medication to help them sleep - she felt that one's quality of life is more important than worrying about taking a few tablets) - pity she has now left. sad

Katie xx smile

Hi Lucy - hope you are okay? x

• Posted

Hi Katie

My problem is that I have never had problems with sleep before and only started with it when my life was so full of crap and I just couldn't switch off :roll: So there really isn't any reason why I shouldn't be able to start sleeping again without the use of tablets. I do start to get anxious as bedtime draws closer and I think that is because I have fallen into the viscous cricle of getting 'worked up' thinking I'm not going to sleep - so then by the time I do go to bed I'm so worked up it is impossible to fall asleep.

The aim of turning it around and 'training' my brain to think I want to stay awake all night is hopefully meant to get me out of this circle. It is supposed to lessen the anxiety I experience about going to bed. I'm prepared to give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes! Mmmmm, now last night, despite having no intentions of trying it until tonight; Come 10 o'clock I couldn't keep my eyes open and gave in and went to bed and fell asleep instantly. I had a disturbed night though as I kept waking up every hour or so, but thankfully not due to the silly nightmares or way out weird dreams and I was able to turn over and go back to sleep again. :D

Now was the extreme tiredness due to me feeling less anxious about bedtime and even possibly sub-consciously I was thinking about the staying awake all night? Who knows - the brain is such a weird thing LOL

So, tonight I plan on doing some housework, maybe some ironing :shock: watch a film or two - dare I even clean the windows??? LOL can imagine if a neighbour sees me cleaning windows at 2 or 3 in the morning! :shock:

I too don't mind taking the tablets to help me sleep, but at the same time I know before all this I was able to sleep with no problems - in fact I couldn't wait to go to bed and quite often would go out like a light - so I know I don't have a medical reason for insomnia other than the anxiety I have been suffering, so for me, getting my sleep pattern back minus medication is a part of my getting better again.

Hope you are having a good day.

Love

Melbi xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.