knee and shin pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Went to see the pain dr at Leigh hospital yesterday.due to nerve pain ive been given Capsaicin cream 0.75 which contains chilli, after 4 hours or so the area starts to heat up and is supposed to calm down the nerve pain.

ive had shin pain since my motorbike accident jan '14. I also have 2 torn ligaments in left knee, so the cream should help this too. 

is anyone else using this cream and how do you find it?

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

NO, but I am going to try it. I get incredible pain i my thigh every night. A hot water bottle applied before the pain has really got hold of me seems to help a bit, so this cream which you mention could also be a good remedy.  The pain is really beyond what i thought possible!  I would love to find something to help and I hope you also find it effective!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Be careful how you apply it. Use gloves as the cream is hot and can warm up your fingers, don't touch your face . There similar products Available as tablet. Lyrica and gabaoentin.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Spelling mistake. Gabapentin
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Gabapentin ( I had it a couple of years ago for for paresthesia) turned me into a totally different person. I had to stop taking it . . . it was weird!  But everyone is different. I have heard of people who can't take tramadol, and it's fine for me.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, just use a small pea size of cream with gloves, or wash hands very thoroughly afterwards. 

i also take gabapentin 1800 mg a day yet it doesnt seem to relieve the nerve pain

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up