Knee appears to be getting worse not better.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Dear All, I have just entered my 13th week following TKR and up until about 2 weeks ago I thought I was making good progress but now I'm getting lots of pain especially when the knee gets to about 90 degrees bend mostly at lower outside of knee but its difficult sometimes to pinpoint it as it is so severe. Also, if I stand still for more than a minute or two it becomes so stiff that I struggle to walk. There has been some noticeable reduction in the swelling over the past few weeks but that has been replaced with a clunking of the joint which is a little worrying. Is this a normal part of the healing process or should I be trying to get a referral back to the surgeon ?  

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thankyou to all who have responded it good to know that firstly I'm not alone and secondly the pain that I'm currently suffering appears from what the majority have said relatively normal and is part of the healing process. I know it will take time and I was prepared for that but having made so much progress quickly its hard to accept that the pain does come back from time to time and its something I will need to live with for sometime yet - once again thanks for all your support and advice  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.