Knee Arthroscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I have my knee arthroscopy pencilled in for 12th February and I am hoping to get back to work on the 16th Feb, I do a desk job, is this realistic?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Probably is realistic for a desk job.I have a manual job and went back to work after a month.

It was OK for another 2 weeks or so but then my recovery went backwards

Good luck for yours

• Posted

Everyone is different regarding speed of recovery and also degree of success.

If you look at all the discussions on this forum you hear of people climbing Everest after one day to others that are still crippled after 12 months !!

I still needed one crutch after four days, but after a week I was walking unaided, albeit it slowly. If you have anything like my experience, you should be OK - just a little slow at moving around 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.