Knee has been disformed for 4 weeks now

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, how you going. Just thought id put this out to anyone who could possibly help. Im a 16 year old lad from Aus, weighing in at about 100kg/225lbs and 4 weeks ago i was playing touch rugby, i dove to take out a player and landed directly on my knee cap. Im one to often believe stuff like that just goes away so didnt do anything.

4 weeks on however the VMO on my left leg is still half the size of the VMO on my right leg and there is a soft, liquidy feeling when i press down between my knee and my VMO. I've spoken to a couple of people who believe that it is just bruising but considering its been 4 weeks im a little concerned.

In terms of pain, originally it hurt when I first did it however by that night I was fine, pain free. Im squatting rather heavy weights for high reps at the moment and after a big session the next day I can slightly feel a pulling from my VMO when I am in the lower squat position. I can also feel this pulling feeling when I do quad stretches. No pain as such though.

If anybody could reach out and help me that would be prime. Definitely dont want this to be bothering me for too long.

Much Appreciated, cheers.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nick, sorry to hear about your injury. I would suggest that you go to a doctor and get x-rays, he/she will hopefully suggest you go to a physiotherapist for some physiotherapy. Best of luck to you! Jeanette
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Nick, maybe you could also get an MRI done aswell to see if any soft tissue is damaged. Hope it heals soon. Cheers Ron

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

1st lesson in knee injuries......only the most minor "just go away". A little twist........a little bump.....that type thing goes away with some rest and icing. But when it hangs on, its time for medical intervention. See an orthopedic surgeon. Get x rays or an MRI if necessary. The big concern with joints. Continual wear and tear can make them get worsevor, in the worst case scenario cause long term permanent damage. I would get to the Dr asap and in the meantime, rest it as much as possible.

Good luck to you from an old guy in middle America.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I agree Nick. If you were my son I'd get you to the doctor/medic to have it checked over ASAP.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

cheers for the response all, i briefly saw a physio and he did some testing on my knee and found that all the ligaments were in good shape. he belives that i have just done some deep bruising. but will go get it checked out on the asap. cheers
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up