knee hurts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Two years I also was in car accident and broke my leg. From that moment I have an awful knee pain, when it's raining. I don't know how to avoid this or make it less painful. My doctor says just "it happens".....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Randy

Feeling for you when the pain does not go away. I hope your doctor finds a solution. Hot baths and icing really gave me some relief.

Good healing

• Posted

Hi Randy,

I had this with osteoarthritis in my right knee. My pain was so incredible that I could even tell a change in the weather several days before it happend (from fine weather to wet). Better than a weather forecast.

?I eventually had a partial knee replacement to cure it, but, obviously that won't apply to you. I bought a TENS Machine and that greatly assisted with pain control. Also pain relief drugs. 

John

• Posted

Every body joint is contained within an air tight capsule...a steady pressure.

Injured joints are particularly sensitive to barometic pressure drops and/or barometric pressure lows.

When the barometric pressure drops, a cold front moves through. Rain is preceded by barometric pressure drop.

Your joint capsule is a closed system filled with liquid...when the capsule's exterior is subjected to low pressure, the capsule itself will expansion but the fluid amount filling the capsule will not increase. It is this small vacuum that pulls on the joint, causing the pain.

If we increase the external pressure on the joint capsule, the capsule itself becomes smaller, and the same amount of fluid now cushions the joint.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.