Knee injury

Posted , 3 users are following.

2 weeks ago I fell quite badly and have twisted my knee. 3 people who were around said they heard a popping sound which suggests ACL (which I have stretched previously), however I am able to walk pretty well (I have been given crutches for support). I can also fully extend my leg with minimal pain. When i try and bend my leg, it only goes so far before it stops and if I try and push it with my hand it sort of locks itself and is severely painful, to relieve it I have to stretch my leg out and it slightly clicks/pops.

Also it has remained swollen and keeps getting warmer than the other knee every so often.

I am waiting on an MRI scan which will obviously give me a correct diagnosis however I was wondering if anybody might be able to point me in the right direction given my symptoms and movement abilities.

2 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Be prepared for an "inconclusive" MRI...happened to me four times.  In every case, the doc had to scope the knee to see what was wrong and fix it.  Yours may show up like a light bulb...or not.  Just know that sometimes the MRI doesn't tell the story.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Check pivot and Lachman test. There's a lot in youtube showing how to test it. I was like you heard a popping sound on March 25 2017. 2 to 3 days later my muscle on quad left knee was cramp hard. Not swollen too much because I elevated and iced the first 24hour. I ate clean and went to gym and did pre op every other day. 2nd May 2017 acl surgery with my hamstring graft and meniscus removal part of it. No pain medication after surgery. Good luck. Yusrinabennett

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I also wore acl brace
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

When the left knee couldn't bend and does the same thing as right knee and I heard a popping sound I knew something wasn't right. The brace will help keeping the acl or other ligaments and also less painful if you still feel it. I had known I tore something 2 days after. 5 days later I saw my orthopedic surgeon , he told me he thought I torn acl and meniscus. MRI next day and pre op in couple weeks and surgery in couple weeks since he was busy. I told him I knew I torn it in the beginning and I wanted surgery. So off we went. 7 days post surgery now. Only 2 cm left off the swelling. Did calf raise and mini squats today. Be able to put weight bearing on. My orthopedic surgeon told me to keep moving glad I did. Haven't bend as I wanted too but my hamstring graft seems progressing. The no pain medication helped and there's a guy Dan Robi on YouTube also did really good review on his acl surgery too. He recovered fast. So we will see soon smile

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up