knee messed up

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was Inna car accident April 7, 2016. I was taken to the hospital immediately by ambulance. Even though I complained about my knee they said it was fine. Went to orthopedic and found torn meniscus, torn mcl, and sprained lcl. Avoiding surgery for personal reasons, staying off it as much as possible. My knee is straight 24/7 and in excruciating pain. Can't take anything for pain due to resistance or allergy. Looking for a support group, ppl to talk to who can relate and have been through itm thanks,

Leighanna

0 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Ive had a torn meniscus.  It is very painful.  With orthoscopic surgery it got better immediately.  In fact 2 months later I was on a 7 week trip to Europe.  Get the surgery.
    • Posted

right now I'm not allowed to get surgery due to my concussion. Besides my personal reasons, my medical reason out weighs it. We can't even discuss surgery until my concussion is 100% gone and nuerologisy gives permission for anesthesia.
  • Posted

I was told that I had "torn a ligament" about 15 years ago. I wasn't given any treatment or even a support and was just told to rest it. 15 years on and pain that has gradually got worse I had an mri scan as I may need a tkr showed a torn meniscus. I am now wondering if this is the "torn ligament" which has never healed in all these years?
  • Posted

How to sleep with knee brace on? I just can't gt comfortable at night at all. Anyone have anything that helped them? 
    • Posted

After my recent op I had to wear one for three days post op...the first two nights were so uncomfortable...third day the back of my keg was sore when the nurse looked it had rubbed n caused a blister!she also said at night it should have been taken off... so would check it out whether you should be sleeping in it!
    • Posted

I have to wear it at night. My knee locks if I accidentally bend it when changing clothes. Sad to say my Ortho showed me how to carefully unlock it myself Its very painful. Can't do any procedures until my concussion is 100% gone and a neurologist gives me an okay.during the day I wear a metal one and at night I wear the soft brace with hindges. It gets annoying having my knee straight 24/7
    • Posted

Starting last March 4th I was 5 months in a soft hip to ankle immobilizer.....no bend and toe touch weight bearing. Mine had Velcro closures that they let me loosen a bit at night. I was on a walker so I bounced around making every muscle in my body ache. Its not pleasant but you just have to keep telling yourself it will all be behind you shortly.
    • Posted

yikes, what gets me right now is that my sister is getting married June 4, and I'm a bridesmaid and my son is ring bearer.. She's embarrassed by my injury and said "if u can't walk without crutches or wheelchair, I'm pulling you ouou and ur sin from walking Dow the isle"..
    • Posted

Tell her to grow up. Anyone that immature probably shouldn't be getting married. Health and family..........you can tell her the oldest guy on here said that. Some times common sense just had to prevail. There is enough physical pain going on without adding to the mental anguish. Good luck.
    • Posted

My sis getting married is a good thing. It'll hit her in the head eventually. She's 33, wil be 34 in December. I'm 22 with a 2 year old son and. I'm more mature than her and engaged. Really just want her wedding ton be over with
    • Posted

Having kids makes you grow up in a hurry. Good luck on the whole process. I'm assuming you are in the US. I'm in the Kansas City area........the very, very stormy and wet KC
    • Posted

Wow, your sister sounds like a beep beep beep!

I'll say a prayer for her future husband.

Focus on your health Leighanna, a wedding is only one day.

Think about it, many many couple's don't get married anymore and are very very happy.

I agree wit OFG, here we say 'You can pick you friends but not your family'.

I hope her wedding goes OK, but hope much more that your recovery is 100% successful.

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Place sponges on/near the pressure points. You'll still get support, albeit with a bit of cushioning. If you don't like the feel, cover them with lint or other soft, non chafing material. Much better if you can just use the sponge by themselves as they will flatten in areas of pressure, by wrapping them they cannot do that.  If you are going to use crutches to your sisters wedding, adorn them with flowers so that they "match" your outfit/dress. Whilst it is the bride's day, she may be feeling a bit insecure by thinking peoples attention will be focussed on you and not her.  Silly really, but there you go, you will rise above it all.
    • Posted

tried sponges last night. After two hours I threw them, for some reason made it worse sad .. I'm in a wheelchair and told my sis my forearm crutches are for emergency only. Her wedding is an emergency, she is embarrassed by me. Uts one thing to pull me, ut dont pull y son. My hair I going grey grom physical stress. Has that happened to anyone??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.