Knee pain 1 po

Posted , 8 users are following.

Started walking the stores, may over do it  but my knee gets so sore, 10 weeks now. I have been released from PT.  The soreness is all around my knee  standing doesn't seem to hurt. Gettin up from a sitting position.  Turning over at night in bet.  Can take anti  inflamitories because of blood thinners.  Is this normal?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes but you are doing too much too soon.
    • Posted

Thank you. I was worried something is wrong. My me  said I could do anything. He may have meant, if I feel like it
  • Posted

I'm at week 10 and have the same issues. You just can't push, and walking too much on a hard surface will mess u up. I did the same thing and really regretted it!

• Posted

Do you need to continue blood thinners?

Anti-inflammatory work really well on pain, in my opinion!

Ten weeks comes with pain and discomfort. Swelling, too. It WILL get better. Eventually...

• Posted

I wish I could take anti-inflammatory.  I have to take the blood thinner for the rest of my life
    • Posted

I had good results wearing compression stockings when swelling kicked in. Swelling causes pain. Maybe compression hose could help you.
  • Posted

I'm 8 weeks today and drove to supermarket first time. Got my shopping rather uncomfortably and clutching wasn't comfortable either. Sitting here with ice on knee the knee cap is really painful, too much too soon. Feeling your pain Tennessee

• Posted

hi T, soreness and swelling are apart of this recovery phase.  Just take it slow and easy. I'm 14 weeks in and a slow healer. Last weekend friend took me out shopping for my first Hugh outing, did pretty good but felt it later. Also had the benefit of using a shopping cart that helped.  Still am fearful of driving. My pt suggested small drives around the neighborhood. Easy for her to say, I think my body will tell me when I'm ready.  Listen to yourself and do what you can. It will all fall into place. Blowing healing prayers your way, best.... ????????????

• Posted

Hi -I'm5 weeks post op on a partial left knee and have two more PT sessions left. have been driving short distances  for a couple of weeks and doing ok.  As far as shopping goes? Only very short trips to the grocery store.  No mall shopping yet for fear of swelling and pain.  However, water walking and water exercises are helping.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.