Knee pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

What is the small-about as big as a 5 cent piece - thing at the inside of my knee and it moves around and if it

Goes in the wrong place -pain I had a .fracture 6 years ago Does anyone else have the same thing and can tell me what it is ? Thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Pateller or as it's commonly referred to, knee cap. As the soft tissue strengthens it will be held More tightly in place. Sometimes it is so badly damaged by arthritis they have to replace it with an artificial one. It seems the surgeons much prefer to clean the natural one if possible. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say their Dr. routinely glues in a synthetic replacement.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Morning Sharon! Yep that's your knee cap. After my tkr the surgeon used half mine and have and a piece of plastic attached to mine. As previously mentioned it will be "more locked in place" as your tissue gets stronger. However, if it's been 6 years since your surgery you should be fine by now.

I would check with my Doctor if your having problems.

Good luck!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

One of my neighbors had a bilateral with artificial knee caps. A couple of years later he was getting up out of a low chair (he was a big, big man) and they both popped loose, pointing in opposite direction. The had to do an emergency surgery and reglue them. Unfortunately he had kidney failure shortly thereafter and had to have dialysis 3x's a week the rest of his life and wasn't able to walk much and only very short distances.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up