knee pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am new here. I had a tkr to my left knee a year ago last March. All was going great until about a month ago and I started to get a clunking in my knee and bad pain. At times the pain wakes me up at night when I am sleeping. Anyone else had this problem. I have an appointment to see my surgeon on the 19th of this month.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

In the meantime rest and stay off of it as much as possible. Go back to icing often. You may just have to hug your recliner a little more than usual. Until you can get Dom xrays. No need to make matters worse by trying to place a lot of mental stress by guessing. Good luck. Keep us advised.
  • Posted

Hi Sheila I had my tkr in 2013 and I am so sorry I had it done from day one I have had nothing but problems, the day after I had it done the physio came and asked me to put my feet to the floor as I did this I felt as if my leg  was being ripped out of my body the pain was from the hip downwards. I had app in June of this year because my knee gives way and is clicking when I walk the consultant (not the one that did the op) rod me either the bone was cut to short or the knee was misaligned I'm awaiting the results of a MRI which he sent me for . I am so unhappy with it all I was told before I had it done that the tkr would give me a better quality of life and it has done the exact opposite I now have to walk with a crutch and do not go out unless I am accompanied by some one ...... Sorry for the depressing reply love

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, my knee isn't as bad as yours sounds, but it feels like it will give way and is very painful. I will let you know how my Dr appt goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.