Knee pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had knee pain since the age of 18yrs old (I'm now 42). The pain is in both knees but my right knee is the worst. I've had arthroscopys (think that's how it's spelt) ,ligaments releases on my right knee, had my right leg broken and relined and a bolot put in however after a while the bolt had to be removed as was patroding through the skin. Had injections in the knee. Seen numerous Dr's have now been diagnosed with chronic knee pain. I take a cocktail of drugs on a daily bases. Gabapentin, morphine tablets and morphine paches, amatriptaline lidocaine. Tried creams accupuncture god knows how many other drugs to get to where we are now. I have other Health problems my shoulder and back and now my feet. As you can imagine all of this makes me very depressed. My gp is fab and any new things I find out he tries. We are now running out of things to try.I've also been to pain management groups.I've also looked up my symptoms which throws up fibromyalger.Which my gp agreed. I'm 42 yrs old and feel more like 92. Anything anyone can suggest would be good.

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbs.. I feel you on feeling 92. Pain of any kind in our bodies is really a game changer. Have you considered Stem Cell Therapy? I did just that this year on June 10th. I had an injury while working and tore my ACL and Meniscus on my left knee. The procedure is not painful and involved the small removal of fat cells around your stomach or back, then your blood is drawn and mixed into cocktail that is injected into your problem areas and also an IV is prepped to give you the stem cells all around your body. I researched all of this and found a 92% success rate amongst all who have had it done. Maybe something you might want to consider? EV
    • Posted

Knewneeh...hope you are doing great you mention about stem cell therapy and its result...would be great if you let us know your experience..Speically in timeframe you feel results.

thanks

• Posted

Ok waqas here it goes so far:

June 10 stem cell therapy procedure

1st week, less pain less swelling due to medications received

2nd week knee is weak atrophying, swelling increases cane enabled

3rd week knee is unable to climb steps very weak low non tension exercise begin cane enabled

4th week leg shin spasms, pain walking cane enabled , ex strength Tylenol helps moderate exsercise in pool begins everyday

5th week more spams, shin pain knee still weak less cane usage limping less swelling still tender to touch.

6th and 7th week knee a little stronger less cane still painful at sleepy time more aggressive pool workouts couple with light biking

8th week present will update

EV

• Posted

Hi. So have you actually had the stem cell therapy that you mention. If so how long was the procedure, did you get any relief from it? Are you in the uk? I'm very grateful for you comment. No I've not had any stem cell therapy but I'll definitely mention it to my gp.

• Posted

Hi Debbs, yes I had the procedure June 10th 2016. It takes 4 hours to complete but that includes the creation of your stem cells in readying them for re entry into your body. The fat extraction was an hour, then blood work then you wait two hours. Then you are prepared for the IV, that's half an hour then you are prepared for the knee injections that's 40 minutes. I live in NJ USA. There is considerable relief after 8 weeks with 90% healing after 4 months and going forward. This is much better than a TKR. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Many thanks. I will definitely mention this to my gp. This is something that we never thought of.I live in the UK so am hoping this is available here on our nhs. From what you have said so far is helped you(so far).Again thanks for this I've tried so many different things as I'm sure you have..Is so depressing being in so much pain 24/7 as I'm sure you have felt the same.

• Posted

Hi debs, yes I'm wondering if we can get this on the nhs, it would be interesting to find out.

Hoping your healing goes well I

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.