Knee pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, lately my left knee has been bothering me for a while now. But I have no idea what it could be. It cracks randomly and it pops randomly that causes sharp pain. Even sitting in a chair causes me discomfort. And now that it's winter, it hurts to even be outside in the cold.

P. S. I sprained my ankle a few years ago and didn't heal properly, just so my history is clear

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention that when I bend it feels like it catches on something.
  • Posted

perhaps you are limping on that knee.

In any case, it sounds like you have arthritis in your knee, perhaps osteoarthritis.

The reason the cold is so brutal is because our joints are contained within a capsule. This capsule is a vacuum.

What your joints are reacting too is barometric pressure drop and or low. Keep your joints warm and dry. A heating pad is quite handy.

• Posted

Doc used to tell me if it pops once in a while and doesn't hurt, no worries. If it hurts, he wanted to know.

• Posted

Yup...ortho visit plus imaging studies.  However...

The x-ray and/or MRI may not show anything.  Happened to me FOUR times!!!  Doc had to go in with the scope to see what was actually wrong and fix it.  So don't be surprised if the docs says that the imaging was "inconclusive".

Just get to an ortho.  I always recommend looking up the groups that handle your local professional and college sports teams.  Absent that, you may be able to rely on the recommendation of your GP or someone in the medical field who has years of experience interacting with the local docs.  Everyone has a reputation...it's valuable to do some research...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.