Knee pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had both knees replaced within four months. The last one in August 2016. My issue is, the first knee is giving me problems. I understand the sounds like bones popping and other things could or could not get better, but the last knee is better than the first. I have soreness and pain under the patella and at the bottom of my knee. When I first had my second knee done, the first one seemed to be so good, I realize because of compensating, but it shouldn't be getting worse, should it. And diffferent pains

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, pain is mostly when I get up from a sitting position, or move around in bed.    Thanks   Sandy
    • Posted

Hi Sandy, I had my left knee replaced March 2016. The pain is better than bone on bone but still is achey, gets tired and is stiff or sore or both if I sit for a while or stand for a while. I don't really know how sore it is as am taking quite a lot pain relief for my right knee which needs done but they do not totally block the pain in left knee.

?Just don't overdo it at work and try rest but also exercise. 

Sorry I cant be anymore help.

• Posted

Hi,

I had my first tkr last April and I had so much pain. Then I feel on it and 

ended up in rehap for 9 more days. It felt like it was getting better.. But 

then I was putting wight on it as my other knee had a parial so just the

scope and that is fine. I go for my 6 week ppost op tomorrow for that one.

But I know what you mean. My tkr is clicking and clacking and popping. I sit 

down and when I get up or stretch my leg it make that sound and is an awful

pain. when I get out of my car after driving it hurts so bad. I know what My

Orto will say tomorrow it will go away in time. see you in 2 to 3 years as he said i will need my other knee done as a tkr. I hope you get the answers. did you ask

your ortho. They will send you to their PA.   Good Luck 

• Posted

Sorry to hear youre struggling.....definitely keep a close check on what you call "different" pain - I first reported mine a few months after surgery and was told it was fine -fast forward 14 months to today, and I got my surgery date for Revision surgery! It can take a lot to get them to listen and take you seriously, but I still  maintain we know our own body and pain better than anyone!! Good luck, and remember its still early days for you so please dont be worried by what Ive said!

• Posted

Hi, No thanks for writing back. I am not worried. I just know how my Orth is and tomorrow will say it all. If It continues I will go to a different Doctor. Did you ever find out what the noise of bones popping was. Like I said mine sounds like a click or cracking and I will tell him that tomorrow.  You are differenty right no one knows we are in pain except our selves. I am just glad I do not have all the pain I had before I had my tkr. Take Care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.