Knee pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

When I apply pressure to the side of my knee it hurts really bad and it also hurts when I squat and bend down and it always sounds like my knee is popping when when I walk up stairs does anyone else have this ? Should I go get it checked out?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes get it checked out to find the cause no good second guessing or as we all do Google syptoms to death lol!

All the best?

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I'm 16 months post TKR and I still have those symptoms and more and they're all totally normal.  Don't apply pressure to the side of your knee.  I don't know how long ago your surgery was, but if I could squat and bend down I'd be very happy.  Popping is normal, you have a fake knee it'll react differently. Just relax and it'll be ok.  

Hang on - take 2 - have you had a TKR? How long ago? 

• Posted

The popping is normal. I've had both knees replaced.the right was 3 years ago and the left was this past November. I still have discomfort in both knees also. The left esp at night while sleeping.

But on my left knee it is still double the size of my right and it's been over 3 months. Was told last night the swelling can go up to 6 months.

• Posted

Popping, clinking, clunking...all the same...all normal.  Docs say the noises could last 12-18 months.  Personally, I don't think they'll ever go away.  Small price to pay for walking without pain.

When I asked my doc, he said: "What do you expect?  You've got a giant mechanical device implanted in your body...forever.  Goodbye..."

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.