Knee Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

About a year ago I injuried my knee. It was the first pratice outside in the field for softball season. The truff was still very wet, and clung to everyone's shoes. I went to twist to start running when my foot got stuck in the mud. My knee popped twice, and I fell to the ground. The pain was horrible, and all I could do was wait the pain out. When then pain decressed I was helped up and taken to the dugout. I was barely able able to walk, and even sitting down I was still in pain. It took about 4 days for my to be able to walk without as much pain. I thought I was okay so I did not go see my doctor. I then went on vaction and my knee gave out, I was at the edge of the ocean with a drop off. When we came back I was sent to the doctors, because of what happened. They told me to rest my knee, and gave me a brace. They then sent me to PT, where they told me to stop wearing the brace. I still have to wear the brace when I am working, and I when I know I am going to be walking alot. When I flex my knee now my knee pops, and feels like bones moving across each other. I can also pop my knee in and out of place just by flexing it. I have pain when it is bent for more then two minutes, and I can't twist it. Which means I can not play softball this year. I was wondering what I should do, my knee seems to be getting worse because it is prone to twisting, and giving out. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to an orthopedic doctor but I assume that. I would go back to him or get a second opinion especially since you think you're getting worse.

• Posted

I would go back to your ortho doc or get a second opinion especially since you're getting worse.

• Posted

Hi Jessica,

Is your patella popping out from the trochlear groove. I know there are different heights of patellar and sometimes if they're too flat they can easily slip from your groove. I think if you exercised your quad and vmo muscles it will hold your patella into place more. Do you feel any crepitus when you try to bend your knee?

You should get an mri and see what is going on with your muscles, ligaments and tendons this could be affecting or mal tracking your patellar. Hope you get better soon.

• Posted

Hasn't anyone suggested an MRI to check for damaged sift tissue. On the surface, it resembles a torn meniscus. If this is a fact....then either the correct PT or possible surgery for a more severe tear. I would go straight to a sports medicine doc (surgeon) staying off the leg as much as possible so you dont injure it additionally. Ice and anti inflammatories for temporary pain relief

• Posted

You immediately go and see the best orthopedist in town.  Find a group that works with your local pro and college sports teams.  GO NOW!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.