Knee pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Pain at the back of my leg when walking when leg fully extended as well as pain beside petella on the outside edge of knee. It started when I collapsed forward and my full body weight compressed my knee. I've had issues with limited ROM and seem to have flexed through that comfort point when I fell. It also feels like my knee is going to explode when I bend my knee into my chest

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen an orthopedic surgeon?  Have you gotten the imaging studies done?
    • Posted

This happened yesterday and have not seems an ortho or had any imaging done. I've had reconstructive acl surgery before and miniscus damage to the same knee which is why there is limited ROM

• Posted

I had a meniscus tear plus a ripped femoral condyle...both...on both knees...  Been there.  This sounds serious.  Consider an ER with an ortho consult.
  • Posted

You need to get checked out asap to make sure that everything is where it should be.
  • Posted

Treatments for knee pain are as varied as the conditions that can cause the pain. Medications might be prescribed to treat an underlying medical condition or for pain relief. If you are taking over-the-counter pain medications regularly for your knee pain, you should see your doctor to be evaluated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.