Knee pain after THR left hip

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I am now 8 weeks post op with pain still in the left anterior knee. and can't weight bear on my left leg. Now my new right hip is bothering my leg. Had no pain prior to the surgery at all. Onset was almost immediately but severe pain started four days post op. Was told it was normal after the surgery for the hip to get in alignment. I had an MRI two weeks ago and suddenly my surgeon says I have moderate arthritis. Three weeks ago I only had mild arthritis. I still think my left was over manipulated in the OR during the procedure. He states there are no tears. He wants to see me tomorrow to shoot me with cortisone which is risky. I don't know what to do. My right hip was done last January with no issues at all. Any suggestion. I have Kaiser insurance so I can't go out of network.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

oh Ellen...please let us know how everything comes out. Sending many good thoughts your way. Maybe get another opinion if thats possible? This Surgeon ....I dont know. Is it me or does he sound unsure of what to do. Let us know.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

I don't know, my surgeon is good I want to trust him. Plus sticking a needle in my already painful knee if freaking me out! I am so leary of cortisone it could actually make thing worse. I have to extend my disability. I will probably loose my job also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.