Knee pain from wearing boot

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone else experience knee pain from wearing a boot?  I am wondering if wearing a heavy boot caused an injury to my knee due to lifting my leg a lot with the extra weight on it?  I've been out of the boot since July 27th and still experience lots problems with my knee popping and cracking and now almost inmobile when walking.  Does the cold weather also play a part in how my knee is acting?, I notice the first day of really cold temps, I could certainly feel exactly where my broken ankle was.  What can I take to deal with pain since Aleve doesn't help with  bone pain since I have been taking so much this past summer. Also how long does it take before a broken ankle is considered totally healed and back to full strength? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi elizabeth83842

Yes I get that too,(especially behind knee too) will get locked, stiff & pop. Curious about replies. They tell me it's all part of healing.

Weezer

• Posted

Check horse rider's knee.....andbasically locking up. Mine only hurts really bad after sleeping all night.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth!  Elizabeth is my middle name!  :-)

?I wore the boot for a few weeks and now (my thinking) my ankle (Left) has frozen.  I had surgery May 16th and have really no range of motion.  I walk with a slight limp during the day, and and night and early morning, it's MUCH worse.

?To your question:  I noticed the same thing!  It bothered me and not just physically but mentally!  I did NOT like the feeling and I'm just weird like that.  LOL!  It has gone away for the most part, but I did notice the same things you mentioned. 

?I have to get my (2) screws taken out (the rest stays in) early next year.  NOT looking forwawrd to that - but I wish you the best!

Beth

• Posted

Did you go for P. T.?are you? Do we really need it?ROM Excerizes in Utube and alphebet with foot to gain back mobility.I just started it this 9th week.
    • Posted

Hi Happy, my doctor wants to take them out.  I have read that some, do leave them in, unless they start
    • Posted

Uney start cvausing problems.  My doctor removesgh though.  I wish he didn LOL!

• Posted

My regular Dr. Said it could be just locking up from being so immobile. Should get back to normal after more movement. Mine sure has.

Best Regards.

• Posted

Depending how much damage and if plate screws and a pin. I broke Tibia in 2 places....my Fibula and dislocated ...bad my left ankle 9 weeks ago. There's some minor swelling still. Im in a bootcast and have no.pain. Im not sure if Im gonna do any P.T. I googled FROM excerizes and wriggling toes to prevent bl clots and icing and elevation. Not sleeping in boot. Partial weight bearing now. It can take 6 months to a full year for complete healing. Th plate and screw's will keep it in place. Take a multi vitamin and don't smoke as it will slow healing down in bones bad.

• Posted

I wear a boot and notice that any difference in shoe height will cause knee issues. My podiatrist recommends seeing a rheumatologist as well to see if my stiffness and pain not related to my ankle injuries is arthritis. Have you looked into that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.