Knee Pains.

Posted , 4 users are following.

In the last 6 months I have had 2 lots of bilateral surgery on my feet. The first surgery consisted of bilateral osteotomies of the primus metatarsal. Basically shortening the bone behind the big toe joint. There were a few complications so had secondary surgery to clean things up.

About 3 months after the first surgery I started to get knee pain this has become worse lately as I have become more mobile. It has been suggested that this pain is due to change in gait. It has also been digested that once in custom orthotics the knees should sort themselves out. The pain feels like something scratching from the inside. Has anyone here had Knee pain due to change in gait? GP has suggested physio. I think the GP should be getting me checked out any opinions?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If I were you I would ask for at least an x-ray of your knee - otherwise it's all guesswork on all fronts! Good luck in getting accurate diagnosis!!
    • Posted

Tess,

I agree with you about X-rays. Problem is my GP is adamant that Physio is all I require. Think I will try again for an x-ray.!!

• Posted

I'm 12 weeks post Knee replacement, and since my gait has changed from the limp I had for years, both my hip and especially my ankle are going thru some changes. (My ankle swells and is painful.)  I'm hoping that in time this will sort itself out as this is relatively early in my recovery.   Best of luck and hopefully in time you will be fine.
  • Posted

Went through a boring month of physio every day, 40 mins travelling each way, 20 mins parking. . .and all to no effect, and ended up witha total knee replacement when tey finally did a xray and saw that it was bone on bone.  No physio is going to sort that out.  The least they could do is an xray, better even would be a magnetic resonance. . .Doctors don't seem to realise how totally disturbing to one's lifestyle daily physiotherapy is.  I agree that if it is going to work, if they have seen xrays and can see that physio will help, then it's worth it. . but I;m sure they just glibly send you off to hours and months of physio in the hope that you will just go away. . . Well, maybe not quite that. . . and maybe sometimes it works . . . but how about some tests first!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.