knee problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have a really bad back problem and i had to sleep in a chair for years i still sleep in a recliner any way so i would fall asleep with my feet on the floor and the next morning i could barely walk my knees was hurting so bad now by me sleeping this way for many years now i have artithris in my knees is there anything i can tell these doctors because tthey are not listening i need some relief.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Ask them to at least do xrays of your knees, snd if that shows nothing, move on to MRI.
    • Posted

Hi Linda I have a appointment Tuesday I'm going up there I'm not leaving until they do an xray on my knees and my back. Thank you So much Linda.
  • Posted

Hi Deona,

Just perevere, keep telling them how bad it is. Keep going and keep complaining until they listen.

Age is a big thing here.

If you are too young they keep putting it off, I believe their thinking is that it is best to have this surgery once.

I am in my fifties and they kept telling me I am too young (that doesn't happen in any other walk).

There may be some logic, but I told them I need to be active now for work and lifestyle reasons. A big thing for me was/is to manage my heart by keeping weight off (which I find not as easy as I use to) and having a healthy lifestyle.

This is your life, no one else's keep trying until you get what you want.

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Irish Al I'm getting ready to be 47 yrs. Next month I have been telling them over 15 yrs I change doctors and still no help these are the laziest doctors I've ever seen. Im sick of taking pills. My point one doctor told me I had a hernia the next Dr.whatever I tell her that hurt she say that's your diabetes you need to get your blood sugar down I'm like are u kidding me so I have this big knot in my stomach that she won even look or touch. But thank you So much for your help. Al.
    • Posted

Hi Deona,

I almost don't know what to say. I not sure what country you are in, but could contacting your local politician help. Maybe he/she could make representations on your behalf.

Just a thouht.

My heart goes out to you. I wish I could help.

Take care,

Al

• Posted

You need to sleep with your legs raised, not lower than your body.  Is it possible for you to get a orthopaedic bed, that way ou are looking after your back as well as your knees.  If it is lower back pain, have your tried a chiropractic lumbar belt.  Instant relief
    • Posted

Went i sleep with my feet elevated my feet fall asleep Now its a feeling like when your feet fall asleep times 20 the pain is so bad that you want to take a butcher's knife and cut your toes off. I'm Sure that has to do with my diabetes. Sometimes I can sleep in the bed for an hour or two but i wake in with this sharp pain in feet and toes my doctors don't listen they just keep giving me pills. Thank you for your help.
    • Posted

Hope you get less pain tonight.

Just offered a prayer for you.

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Thank you very much Al you can never have enough prayers...I hope that you get this reply because I've wrote to you 3 times and its not showing up on my page here
    • Posted

I am sorry this happens to you. You only need your legs/feet raised a few inches.  Have you tried quinine or magnesium, could be a mineral deficit.. What are the pills your doctor gives you?  Not teaching you to suck eggs or anything, but do you massage your feet/wear pressure socks? Do you suffer from low blood pressure? What type diabetes do you have? Can you not change doctors.  Have you thought about alternative medicine like a Chinese doctor; they deal with the body's imbalance. Sounds hocus locus, but having seen what they have done to people over the years, makes me a believer. Obviously they cannot "cure" everyone,but it's worth a try, what about acupuncture! You don't really feel the  needles! When you wake up with the pain; how long does it last?
    • Posted

Hi Deona,

I got your message Thanks.

I have just sent you a message in the past 30 minutes, but cannot see that message here either. It was in relation to politician and where you are from.

Did you get that one? It is 7.36am here in Ireland.

Take care,

Al

• Posted

I'm on naproxen Meloxicam and gabapentin

I'm type 2 I wear diabetic sock sometimes I put Vaseline and my diabetic socks and it makes in better and the pain never go away My blood pressure is high and I'm going to try the acupuncture thank u so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.