Knee replaced 6 days ago."

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have now had both knees replaced. However, this has been a different journey. Main concerns are inability to leg raise. However, on advice from forum, if I raise heel,with toes from other foot then the leg raises are great. Don't know why? There is no numbness and able to move toes. Now getting a lot of bruising 6 days posts op?  Not easy to get knee bend, hard work. Any shared experiences will help. Thanks

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rob,

I couldn't get on my wife's exercise bike to start with, even with the seat in the highest position so I drilled some extra holes to allow the seat to raised so that I could pedal with only a little discomfort . This was at about 4 weeks post tkr when I had about 80 degrees  just. I pedal at about 60 rpm for 3 (2 to start with) minutes with no friction so the pedalling is easy, which the bike's little display says is about 1 kilometer. When I feel the of the pedal stroke at the top is easy I drop the seat one hole which increases the bend at the top of the pedal movement and do that until that is easy. I will be 8 weeks post op on Friday and I have about 130 degrees and still getting minor improvement every couple of days I can walk about a kilometer without too much pain and no stick, but it does start to ache a bit towards the end of the walk so it's back home for an ice . I did over do it  at he start and had a bit of pain the next day so just go at your own pace. Every little improvement makes you feel really good. I am still on panadol forte and my doctor said keep taking them until they run out which is in about 15 days. Hope that helps. Regards Paul

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.