Knee replacement

Posted , 11 users are following.

Oh joy,  6 weeks post op and I am back cycling.   Did 4 klms today. So nice to be out in the fresh air.  Still pain but at least I feel a little more normal.  

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow how did you manage that well done. Jackie 
    • Posted

Hi Jackie,  waited until my husband was out of range.  I had my first knee done 14 weeks ago, and the second one, nearly six weeks ago.  I felt as if I was strong enough so just gave it a go.  It was wonderful as I cycle quite a lot when my knees are good.  Probably pay for it tonight but never mind. 
  • Posted

Well done you! I felt good yesterday at 7wks to have cycled half a mile on my exercise bike. You put us all to shame but I keep reminding myself that we are all different. 
  • Posted

I'm seven weeks since surgery. I can use exercise bike now.  Pain all night sleeping is not good but presume it will all settle,  take care 
  • Posted

Well done ! That's excellent I'm 5 week and not tried cycling yet but feel as if I may manage a short distance x. Pain is more of ache now and still a little swelling bit the light at the end of the tunnel is certainly getting closer. Bring on the sunshine ☀️
    • Posted

We are all different, and even our own knees different to each other.  It took me 7 weeks to go out on my bike with my first knee. On the other hand, I am having much more pain with the second knee....go figure.  Best wishes, when you do get on your bike.  
  • Posted

That's fantastic!  I'm almost six weeks and physio is happy with my bend and straight.  However, I sit on my exercise bike and rock the pedals backwards and forwards but there is no way on this earth that I could do a full rotation!!

What am I doing wrong?

• Posted

Susan,try and extendthe seat tube,this will give youmore extention for your leg and also allow your knee to rotate.

I c an manage 3x8 mins on my bike.

• Posted

Keep doing what your doing and eventually it will come took me a while a lot of it was fear that it would hurt but once you start it's fine I use mine every day 
    • Posted

Make Sue the seat is high enough Susan.  You will get there all in good time.  Sounds like you are on track with everything else so well done.  
  • Posted

you lucky thing well done all must be well after your op to be out cycling in such a short time
  • Posted

Hi Soeoz,

Just wanted to thank you for motivating me to get on my bike for the first time since my bilateral TKR's 16 weeks ago. I was very scared to try, but I loved it and rode 6 miles. It felt really good! I'm amazed at how early you did it. Thanks again for the motivation!

• Posted

Oh Joyce, I am so happy to have inspired just one person.  Now that you have started, the sky is the limit.  Happy cycling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.