Knee replacement

Posted , 8 users are following.

Having problems still with my knee replacement. Its been 7 weeks today. Still clicking inside and some lain been doing some exercises at the gym but its not easy

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Perhaps you are expecting too much too soon Kate?  I say this with sympathy, not judgement!  My TKR was 5 weeks yesterday and I was expecting to be pain free at this stage - what an idiot!  It takes time and everyone is different.  I am sure you will receive many replies on here with examples and that should lift your heart a little.  Carry on with the exercises.  You are so right - it is NOT easy.  I think the rehabilitation process is worse than the actual operation.  I dread seing my PT next week because I am still having problems with that bend to 90 degrees they all go on about.  It is really painful for me to get anywhere near it.  

Keep your chin up.  

• Posted

Hi Kate, I was 6 weeks post TKR on Tuesday.

i was told that clicking is quite normal.

I'm still in pain a well, infact I'm still taking all the meds I was prescribed from hospital.

I find the physio hard as well, and I'm frightened my rom still isn't good enough.

Just got back from a short shopping trip and it's very painful and swollen ... When will this nightmare end

• Posted

Hi Kate I am 9 weeks in after TKR. Still dont feel confident to drive and I have just got 90 degrees bend after lots of hard work on the excercises. I cant walk very far without pain, still on tramadol when I need it and especially before physio. I havn't been out walking yet so well done Ali. I just walk around the garden and up the drive. The hospital Physio is brutal and each time I see her which is fortnightly she puts me back at least 3 days with pain and stiffness. so can't wait to be discharged from her so I can work on the excercises gently to make more progress. I concur regarding the clicking the physio told me it may go in 12 to 18 months or it might stay for good. Keep the faith and excercise.

• Posted

Hi kate.I'm at 12 months and I have clicking still. My right knee device moves around 3-4% and my surgeon says that is normal. 

• Posted

I'm at four and a half months post tkr (the other one is nine months).

still have swelling issues with both,particularly when I overdo the gym.

however,it soon goes down with icing and elevation.

only trouble is ,it can be quick to reappear......

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.