Knee Replacement - Back To Work

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello All, Well I am 3 months on... and what a ride. Back to work this week, only 2 days but so happy to be back and not thinking about the "knee".

I never thought in million years it would be this hard, my knee doing well. Push myself with the bend, exercises etc. Still can't walk very well but my physio lady is so supportive and always puts things in perspective... like I have walked bad for years, some of it is muscle wastage, some of its physicological... but she always praises me... so in that respect I am very fortunate.still use a stick and beat myself up for that but roll on spring when hopefully I can ditch it.

This forum is amazing and I just wanted to say thank you and merry Christmas to you all. I do think we should all write a book!! Some parts would be difficult and some funny... using your bra to carry your phone in, sliding food across the floor with a crutch... I could go on!! But always cheered me up.

Warm wishes

Nikki

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

That's brilliant Nikki. Great news and very encouraging for the rest of us. Have a great christmas 
  • Posted

Hi Nikki glad you're back at work.... you will come on leaps and bounds... no pun intended....I still have a stick... due to muscle wastage and bad  habits picked up through years of knee pain....This forum is great... has cheered me up many a time I was feeling down and thinking what was happening to me was not normal... very reassuring  to hear moat people were going through the same thing..... beat of  luck.... Mary 14 weeks on.
    • Posted

Thanks Mary, I always feel better when I hear of folk experiencing the same... I am so determined to walk properly... just done my 30 minutes on the exercise bike... funny I can cycle for ages but just can't chuffing walk!!
  • Posted

Merry Christmas to you too Nikki, and well done. I love this forum, I honestly don't think I could have done it without everyone's support. 

Caz

• Posted

Good luck. Can't wait to go back to work. I've walked bad for years. Know my mom 81 she said I have a duck waddle walk.  I use a bag around my neck for stuff. Ans the crutch thing I do.  

But I have a funny one. Set in couch complete dark. And u get a cramp and jump straight up in a scram. Husband come in GHERE runnkng just laughing while lwg is twitching. He said wow I've never in my life saw that. Look like alien in yA knee. He said the cut makes him cringe. I said be in my knee. 

• Posted

Thank you... funny I do look at my knee and think how strange it looks.!!
    • Posted

It is and we wounder what they would look like in older days.  

Mom is 86 and her scar is still bumpy. 

My bro is 22 and he shuddered his ans his is bumpy to. 

Mine is to for know. But seem it's in places it's getting smooth. 

My husband said just imagine how big there open while there in there. I said yA crazy. 

• Posted

Well done 

I guess we could publish a book as we all have done the improvisation thing ...lol

i write funny poetry so my experiences are documented in my writing

biggrin Jean 

• Posted

Aww fab Jean...you must share one with us. Love funny poetry.

Nikki

• Posted

If I knew how to post one on here I would post the one about the physio letting me fall the next morning after my op 
    • Posted

Oh bless your heart. Xxx I tell yA sometimes they don't pay attention like they should to us. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.