Knee revision op progress

Posted , 8 users are following.

Surgery done n home.pain moderate..much better than last time n I have two full nights sleep!!

Big thks for all kind messages of support so now long road to fitness n recovery.post op check in six wks.

Revision must be a common problem as there were three ladies in at same time as me all with a different set of problems.

Fingers x that this is successful this time and as a bonus I feel well in myself.xkeep you posted on progress x

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Great news, Hilary. You're off to a good start! 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Well done Hillary.

2 nights sleep is impressive.

Best wishes for a good recovery.

Alan

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

That is WONDERFUL that you have managed to SLEEP! Often that is one of the hardest things to accomplish following this surgery. (It took me nine weeks before I slept five hours in a row, and nearly six MONTHS before I could sleep five or six hours on a regular basis.)

You are well on your way to a great recovery!😁

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hilary so glad you are doing well and two nights sleep...well done, something I so long for.

​Best wishes for continuing excellent progress. Take care x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Glad to know painn is better than last time. And glad you have gotten some rest.  That gives me hope
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Great to hear from you Hilary smile I've been wondering how you were getting on. Brilliant that all seems well so far.....and you slept! Oh, how I'd love some of that!

Keep up the good work. Best wishes and I'll keep my fingers crossed, too xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Hilary - so glad it is "done" & you can look forward to a "normal" knee life!

Like you, I think the amount of revisions seem to be on the up - I'd like to know if it's because of a bad prosthesis, or bad surgery??

I'm now 7 months post revision. We went to the theatre last night. The show was 2 hrs & 40 mins (Mad about the Musicals & was brilliant). I sat in a normal seat (I've had usherettes seats in that painful 1st year!) in the middle of the row, with my knees normally bent, & apart from stiffness on getting up - felt fine.  I really feel that each month the knee is performing how it should, & that at the end of the 1st full year, it will be fine.

However - I am still holding on the the other flipping knee!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up