labia problem

Posted , 11 users are following.

After 5 weeks of continually wearing sanitar pads and panty I have developed very dry itchy and sore labia. Not sure what to treat it with. Thinking it may be the pad irritating me. Anyone else had this problem. Advice very welcome ladies.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Rita, I had it for the first few weeks when I wear liners I lot (I didn't have too much bleeding, so I think it might be a good idea to wear liners). So I just used baby wipes to clean the Labia area every time after using the toilet. Also I had a very quick sitz bath right before I go to bed just try to keep it clean. Then my bleeding got heavier after 2.5 weeks, I'm not sure if it's my period, so I started using pads again, it's actually getting better when I use the pads.

Hope it's helpful xxx

• Posted

Poor you Rita!

I'm not sure what you can put on/use as a cream or application but I would recommend switching g to organic, cotton layer, chemical free sanitary towels. I was really struggling with uncomfortable, itchy feelings and my GP said to stop using Always. Problem solved.

I am using Natracare Organic towels. Any natural food/health food shop will stick them but also look online.

Hope someone has some advice for a more instant solution but do try the towels xx

• Posted

Hi Rita this happens to my friend and she uses sudocrem and it helps her
  • Posted

I had a lot of discomfort with pads after birth.  I bought cloth pads and that really helped and I still have them (and bought a few more)  After surgery I  alternated between cloth pads and normal pads.  I also found some disposable pads that are less irritating -- any that have a slightly plasicky feel seem to be very irritating if you have to wear them long term.

It may not be worth it to you to invest in cloth pads at this point.  I have also read here that sudocreme or other diaper rash treatment can help. 

• Posted

Hi Rita

i used sudacream too and as lulu says I purchased a sitz bath and used it every day so soothing x

• Posted

I had this pre op due to leaking issues and used to use sudocream my groin area would be very itchy as well due to the pads and it definately helped . Thankfully since my discharge stopped post op I haven't needed sanitary pads anymore x

• Posted

I had to wear pads for months due to the  bleeding caused by my prolapse and still wear them when out due to mild incontinence - I use an unperfumed cream and use unperfumed products in the bath/shower.
    • Posted

sudocrem which is helping and managing to sleep without underwear as discharge is very minimal now. Some stitches also came out yesterday which is a bonus.
  • Posted

I used A & D ointment. Its amazing!! I also use it for diaper rash. Hope this helps??????

• Posted

sudocrem which is helping and managing to sleep without underwear as discharge is very minimal now. Some stitches also came out yesterday which is a bonus.
  • Posted

Very normal.  Here in the US, I have used OTC hydrocortisone cream.  I use a perineal wipe after every toilet visit (whether bladder or bowel), then I make sure the skin is dry, by patting it gently with toilet tissue.  A small dab of of the cream, and all is well.

A&D ointment will work well, too, but make sure the skin is clean and dry before applying!

~VOW

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.