Labor! Upping meds after baby!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Prayers please that my depression/OCD mental state doesn't worsen after the baby!! I'm in labor now and she should be here in the next 2 hours. Prayers she's happy and healthy!! Thanks!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Exciting time!  A new baby! 😄
    • Posted

Oops, pressed REPLY before I'd finished!

Remember when you up your dose you may feel some side effects, but don't worry as they'll pass in time.  Wishing you well throughout your labour, and also throughout your dose increase.  

Welcome little baby! 😄❤️

K x

• Posted

Congratulations Nicole, bless.  Hoping all is well with you and your new baby.

Anne x

• Posted

Thanks everyone my labor went well and she is beautiful! Weighing 8lb 10oz. We knew before hand that she had an VSD as well as my first daughter and my husband and his sister (genetic). My first daughters was small and closed by the age 3. This time they found 2 VSD's on the ultrasound after birth. They are both in the muscular are and one must have not shown up on my ultrasound. One is small and one is moderate. They also said two flaps have not closed but they don't seemed concerned because they are suppose to close up to 3 days after birth. We will following up with a heart doc. I have faith that everything will be fine and they will all close in time. It was quite a shock though and my mood has dropped. I was taking 5 mg Prozac during pregnancy because of depression/anxiety/intrusive thoughts for a miscarriage I had prior. I have upped my dose to 10 mg on wed since I had her. I still feel low and I'm praying that I don't relapse completely. I hate this stupid illness from taking my happiness away during one of the most beautiful times of my life. Prayers please as my anxiety kicks in and I worry the worse and I'm scared of getting worse or developing postpartum psychosis.
    • Posted

Congratulations on the birth of your new daughter ❤️🎈🎉 and wishing her well.  I'm not surprised your mood dropped hearing that ..... but I'm sure you'll soon pick up, and glad to hear you're now able to up your dose.

I also hated this illness once for robbing me of 15 years of my youth and throughout my children's early years, but since recovering I've strangely become thankful now for the experience I had of it ..... not that I'd ever want to revisit those dark days.  I was able to help my son recover from the same illness.  You'll look back on this illness in time ...... you will xxx

Sending you best wishes and hoping your anxiety will ease real soon.  Remember upping your dose may make you feel a little worse to start with, so it will probably be that.  It'll wear off soon xx

K x

• Posted

Oh my 15 years! I don't know how you done it. It's been a year for me this month. It def makes you appreciate your good days for sure. I'm just so ready to be back to normal. I know it had to be awful seeing your son go through this also sad It has been almost a week since I upped my meds but of course I'm still up and down. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be feeling better. I'm off work for 8 weeks. I'm trying to get the baby on a sleep schedule and me feeling good before I go back.
    • Posted

I don't know how I did it either.  I was on anti depressants and had CBT but nothing helped.  During those years I briefly recovered a few times which I never understood why I did, but now looking back it was when I met my husband, when we married so obviously my serotonin soared making me happy.  Eventually with the depression returning for even more years the doctor changed my meds to SSRI's and that's when I recovered!  SSRI's hang onto your serotonin before reuptake into the brain, making you feel happier - so I definitely know serotonin was the cause of my depression and anxiety.

Yes it was doubly worse seeing my son suffer.  I knew there was nothing physical I could do for him, and knew he had to go through the same painful process I'd done, so all I could do was reassure him, guide him and be there for him.  Though it was about 7-8 months on meds before he was well, I was thankful it wasn't long like mine (at the time though it seemed like it lasted forever).

Now you've upped your meds lets hope this is the extra push you now need.  It's such a pain these meds take so long to work as people give up hope before they've started doing their trick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.