Lack of sleep again

Posted , 8 users are following.

Here i go again whinging ....

Been awake since 3am and its now 9.30pm and wide awake but im a zombie . Went to bed at midnight last night and took 5mg diazepam but woke at 3 my usual time . Dont know what else to do ...... damm this wicked menopause, Mother Nature youve really messed me up. Anyone else like me ?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Me! I will join you in the zombie club! My insomnia has been horrible. Either I can't fall asleep, or I wake up after a few hours and am up the rest of the night. It's like I am so overtired that I can't sleep. I feel your pain!

• Posted

Welcome to this horrible club ! Sorry it couodnt be nicer .... 4.30am this morning yayyy !! Im

always the first to catch the latest news , the first to hear morning chorus and the first in the bathroom !! Trying to see the bright side x

• Posted

hi you are not alone! I ve tried everything currently Im taking Magnesium every day sometimes i have a warm milk drink and i try to meditate before going to sleep. Its horrible especially if you have to work the next day.

i hope you can get some better sleep soon x

• Posted

Yes its awful .... i just want to go to bed and sleep all night and cant its so depressing , like you say especially if you have work the next day x

• Posted

i am just the same. get off to sleep ok but am awake every night between 2 and 5. then falling asleep in afternoon and early evening. tried everything but nothing works. my mind is just going over conversations and i cant switch off.

• Posted

Poor you i know the feeling .... what do you do when you wake up do you get up ? i do ... i go downstairs and watch telly , make a warm drink and lay on the sofa hoping to drop off - i never do ! Watch dramas hoping to be bored to sleep , never happens ! Tried every supplement going and nothing works ..... its all so boring and upsetting . Wish i could be more help xx

• Posted

For me, it also seems to be worse closer to when daylight saving changes are happening and the week before my period.I have been up early for weeks but can't go to bed earlier.

Magnesium Glycinate seems to help me most nights, about 30 minutes before I want to go to bed.

• Posted

I'm with you all the way. Many nights have been spent on the sofa! I think I've seen every episode of Forensic Detectives this year, the 4am series! Thank God I have an understanding husband! Mother nature really screwed us women over!

• Posted

I so get you too ! I watch all the true crime programms and true detective ones too ! scare myself half to death and cant sleep anyway ! haha have to see the funny side .... my hubby thinks im weird , he doesnt get it .... its allright for him led upstairs snoring his head off he doesnt have a flipping clue ! xx

• Posted

Benadryl helps me sleep well. Gaba supplements too are good for relaxation and sleep. I hope you feel better xo

• Posted

this is my life right now. i purchased a supplement online and it does seem to be helping. i actually have dreams again now. so I feel like it is helping me to sleep sounder. I still woke up at 3 am last night with a hot flash but went back to sleep easier. It's not a miracle drug, but definitely helping me and i will take any sleep i can get at the point. if you want to know the name of it, you can PM me. i found it on amazon and just took a chance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.