lacking a bit of confidence

Posted , 3 users are following.

im seeing my psychiatrist next week and am lacking confidence a bit. i worry that if my medication gets increased i will get panic palpitations as a side effect. i also worry that the doctor wont give me a plan on what dosages to take if the increased dose didnt work.

but i have lots of other doubts as well indecisions about whether to dovoluntary work on fridays or to change my other voluntary job through the week. but inever do change anything because i cannot make decisions. i also have muscle tightening around my eyes and head. its confidence thats lacking. im taking quetiapine at the moment along with other drugs ssris and pregabalin and propranolol. its the what if or should i type of worries that i keep getting. and i get low moods too.there will be lots and lots of people suffering with anxiety problems and it varies in its intensity of symptoms sometimes they are worse than others arent they?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes glenn there will be worse & better times im also on Q 50mg self doubt goes with the condition unfortunately but you must try & go to see your psychiatrist or at least get in touch i too suffer from doubt ;trust;confidence &god knows what else lol i struggle to get out my door most days & when i do its usually anger that gets me there are you or have you had a crisis team ? I have to say it took me almost 30 years to open up & still not got there yet so do ya best fella once done youll def feel better........... small moves
    • Posted

hi bumalackawee, thank you for your reply. i have just came out of the crisis team and have also had 30 years of worries and low confidence but im hoping that my psychiatrist might have a plan for me.
  • Posted

Try and remember that lots of us lack confidence and due to that we worry, sometimes unnecessarily about what might or might not happen. Talk to your psychiatrist next week before you change your days volunteering. You don't want to try and do to much but you might want to do something different. Set yourself a new challenge.  As for the what ifs and the should I's - we all have them. What if you hadn't posted on here?  At least you have taken a step forward to perhaps getting a few answers to your problem and maybe setting you on the right road to do something a little bit different. Take care and good luck.
    • Posted

hi gwen thank you for your reply. hopefully my psychiatrist might have a plan for me next week. thank you for your advice on the volunteering. doubting and trying to make decisions is a big problem for me. ive had anxiety most of my life but im hoping to stabalise it somehow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.