Lansoprazol 30mg daily side affects - bleeding gums

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi anyone else heard/suffered from this, in the morning when i brush my teeth i have blood in my mouth, i have been known to grind my teeth at night which sometimes has the same affect? i dont cough up blood or anything it only seems to be in the morning???

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi

i had that. Buy some corsodly products and that should sort it out.

Cheers

• Posted

Corsodyl good but it does stain your teeth a bit, dentist told me. In the short term very good. Bleeding gums is a side effect of Lansoprazole, but only a mild one ......

Mo

• Posted

Hi there acid reflux can cause your gems to bleed as the acid comes into your mouth it can eroad your teeth as this has happened to me hope this has helped x
  • Posted

I have this when I have not flossed in a while. Rinse mouth with salt water. This helps.
  • Posted

Why are you blaming the PPI?

There are many reasons for bleeding gums, just ask your dentist. There is a toothpaste designed for reflux suffers which I regularly use. Its more likely to be due to the acid in your mouth not the PPI causing the problems.

• Posted

wasn't blaming the ppi, just was asking if anyone else had this before while taking the meds. It's just starting happening around bout the time i starting taking them....could also be the teeth grinding of course! but thanks for the response.
  • Posted

Yes this hapened to me as well. When I spit first thing in the morning there's a streak of blood. So it is actually the acid that's causing this? No cough or hoarseness.I would have the classic metallic taste in my mouth. But this only occurs in the morning and not at any time of the day. I would like to suggest ascorbic acid or Vit. C but once again it would only cause acidity. I ate brocolli for other source of Vit. C. Hope you feel well soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.