Laparoscopy Hysterectomy and prolapsed bladder repair

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! Could anybody tell me how long I would after stay in hospital having keyhole hysterectomy taking womb tubes and cervix and maybe ovaries depends if they are healthy and doing a prolapse bladder repair at same time? 

Thank You

Sharron

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was only in one night, with vaginal hysterectomy and posterior repair, but was shortage of beds, so could be longer for you.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying, haven't got my pre op assessment until 9th April I will after ask them how long 

Sharron x

• Posted

Hi Sharron

I have my vaginal hysterectomy on Good Friday, and they are hoping I will only be in for one night, but my surgeon did say it depends on what he finds.  He has got to fix my bowel and bladder back in place, plus sort out a cystocele, so it really all depends on what they find when they get in there and your recovery rate.  So unfortunately you won't know really how long you will be in hospital  until you have had the op etc.  Still the main thing is to get through it, and start the road of complete recovery.  

Warmest Wishes 

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Aww thank you for replying, I will after prepare myself for maybe longer than staying one night x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.