Large ovarian cyst.......look pregnant op on August 27

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi...new here ......just wondering whatt to expect after op.....and is it normal to be getting bigger..... Now look 6 months pregnant ......when diagnosed in April just looked likes had a muffin top...not in mega pain, but very uncomfortable, can't eat much large meals......feeling sick these last couple of days....am post menapausal so am wondering what will happen as having ovaries removed as well and doc said it will cause menopause so should go on hrt......confused.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Mandy im the same as you im having a full hysterectormy on the 12th Sep because of a 11cm cyst that is on my keft ovarie and i am s....ing it.
    • Posted

Must admit I'm worried that they will end up doing that......doc said mine was size of melon in June......feel like I'm going to explode at moment......my doc was good at explaining things, but there are always things you forget about......how long have you had your cyst and how did you find you had it?
  • Posted

Hi, Im not sure how long i've had this but i've been having pains on and off since i was about 20,now im 49 however it got worse about 5 months ago.  I went to the doctors and she referred me to have an internal scan and that is when they found the 11cm cyst, it is pressing against my bowels. Lucky enough I have gone private and dont have to wait long until my operation. They gave me an option, to either take out my overy and cyst or a full hysterectomy and they have informed me that there are a few small cysts on my other overy. My final decision is to have a full hysterectomy as this means I wont have to go in again should anything else need removing in the future. I am going seeing a gynacologist support team on Wednesday so hopefully this will be useful.
    • Posted

I didn't know I had it.....went to docs for headaches.......and said I had pain in my side...she said they weren't linked, but asked her to look anyway.....she felt around and asked if I'd had fibroids.....said not as far as I knew....sent for ultrasound....he saw large cyst and said I had to see gp ASAP......got fast tracked and then had MRI to confirm.....it's nothing sinister apparently........just feel huge......was going to go private, but don't have ins or £4000.........so have had to wait.....still not too llong.....but still scared......

• Posted

I have had to do alot of research myself as I have had no info but from what I have found a Hysterectomy is seen as very much a last resort. Seems if it aint broke don't fix it is very much the attitude

Take care

• Posted

Hi......I had choice, but decided just on ovaries as I have no other history of cysts. ....
    • Posted

I am having both ovaries and tubes removed in September, as what I have found on the internet, (used that as my gynae team and GP are useless and have given no advice or information), indicates that as the way to go when, like me, you are 49 and have dermoid cyst formation on both ovaries. I understand this in itself is unusual as it is generally only one affected.
    • Posted

Well hope you get sorted......we will have to share our recovery stories ....
  • Posted

Hi Mandy, 

I had had a full abdominal hysterectomy 6 weeks ago and I'm also post menopausal but was told I don't need HRT as I'm post menopausal.  I think it depends on your age as I'm 51.   Had a few hot flushes and night sweats but they seem to have settled down a bit now.

• Posted

In the UK the cut off point is 51, as I'm 49 may or may not do it for me as although pre-menopause only a couple of years off, so yes it depends on your age, family history, own medical history etcconfused
    • Posted

As you are not 51 on op day but after Drs can 'creative account'  if feel need to be on it. confused
    • Posted

I don't really want hrt as didn't use it through menopause...
    • Posted

That is if you wanted them too but there are plenty of alternatives as you know. I keep seeing the book Menopause for Dummies mentioned in other threads and being highly recommended. Tell them didn't use it in the menopause and don't want to now
    • Posted

You know yourself so go ahead any Dr worth their salt will not be offended
    • Posted

That is really weird because I was 51 two days after my operation lol
    • Posted

We must be at a funny age...........I've been having real pain up under my ribs on left hand side......it's like having really bad indigestion ......but I'm hardly eating

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.